IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Stigmata  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stigmata

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2013 at 4:32am
There are numerous Saints who bore the signs of the sufferings of Jesus Christ during his passion. Besides St. Pio and St. Francis of Assisi there are others that had the wounds of the crowning with thorns such as Blessed Anne Emmerich.
We have also the incorrupt bodies of saints...people who have died but their bodies never decomposed eg. St. Francis Xavier in Goa, St. John Vianney, St. Catherine Laboure.
Acts 2 27 says 27 because You will not leave me in * Hades
or allow Your Holy One to see decay
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2013 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by bronaz bronaz wrote:

There are numerous Saints who bore the signs of the sufferings of Jesus Christ during his passion. Besides St. Pio and St. Francis of Assisi there are others that had the wounds of the crowning with thorns such as Blessed Anne Emmerich.

Ok so you confirmed it that this is not new phenomena. The question is how far can it goes further back?

Quote We have also the incorrupt bodies of saints...people who have died but their bodies never decomposed eg. St. Francis Xavier in Goa, St. John Vianney, St. Catherine Laboure.
Acts 2 27 says 27 because You will not leave me in * Hades
or allow Your Holy One to see decay

I heard it from the muslims side. When Muhammad's companions grave yard was flooded (about 15-20 years ago) it exposed their intact bodies. I don't know if it was all of them or some of them, I just take their side of the story. Than the taliban in Afghanistan had stories of the dead mujahiddin releases strong pleasant aromatic odor, again I just take their telling. To add on top of this there was a nun in Jerussalem when she died the body also released pleasant aromatic odor. Again I just take their story as it is assuming that it is true.

But do you take this as heavenly sign? that those people were the accepted by God?

bronaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 6:40am
Let us say that if the power of the Devil is so easy to see...God must have something to show for those who are holy'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic