IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Stigmata  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stigmata

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stigmata
    Posted: 18 June 2013 at 5:06pm
I have heard about this phenomena first long time ago before the internet was easily available for the masses. Than I saw briefly on TV documentary. And now it is easier to view from different cases with video clips available.

Bleeding occurs without cause, is it real to you or is it a fake?
If this is real according to you, is this only new phenomena? or -----

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2013 at 6:32pm
Greetings Nothing,

No, it is not a new phenomena.  St. Francis and Padre Pio are two of the well know cases.
I really do no know what I make of it.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 18 June 2013 at 6:34pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2013 at 9:16am
may be those cases are of congenital diseases such as haemophilia,von wilbrand disease,in which there is defect of clotting factors which may b the cause of bleeding.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2013 at 7:52pm
It has no scriptural basis or or rationale, so I don't see how even theists can see it as "real".  As for an explanation, I doubt very much that a single explanation will cover all cases.  Most of them are probably pious frauds of various kinds or apocryphal stories, some may be outright charlatanry, and a few unconsciously self-inflicted.  (I'm sure that in the throes of a deep religious trance, all sorts of things could happen that may later be recalled imperfectly or not at all.)
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2013 at 6:21am
Willebrand-J�rgens is the most common blood-clotting disorder (dominant inheritance) and probably a good explanation.
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2013 at 8:12am
This is the doco that I saw briefly, look real to me considering other people were there all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEr6Vee83TU

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2013 at 4:32pm
Yeah, you saw it on Youtube, so it must be real. Tongue

C'mon, nothing, it doesn't even make theological sense.  It's not part of Christian doctrine, and it serves no purpose in God's alleged plan.  Why?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2013 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

This is the doco that I saw briefly, look real to me considering other people were there all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEr6Vee83TU

Hi Nothing,
I say ignore Ron.  He's not a believer.
I think this is one of the great mysteries that we will never understand.  We either believe or we do not.  Just like the miracles of statues that weep, and the Marian apparitions.  We can not explain the supernatural.
Salaam brother, keep on believing. Smile

added note: doctrine has nothing to do with it.  Why would doctrine have anything to do with anything?  Doctrine is what man comes up with.  The supernatural is what the Creator gives us... what we witness and/or experience by our own eyes... often unexplainable.

Edited by Caringheart - 20 June 2013 at 5:50pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic