IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Outlawed in Pakistan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outlawed in Pakistan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outlawed in Pakistan
    Posted: 29 May 2013 at 5:33pm
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/outlawed-in-pakistan/
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 6:36pm
I am so glad to see that someone else has watched this.
It left me without words.

Edited by Caringheart - 29 May 2013 at 6:36pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 7:57am
Indeed puzzling, however I was left, based upon what was presented, firmly on the side of the judge's ruling in the matter.  What a sad story. 
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 11:41am
Evil doesn't see that it is evil, does it?
It begs the question;
If she is a liar, and such a dishonor, then why would he want her back?
The only reason he could possibly want her is just to make himself feel powerful, to punish her some more, as if she hasn't received punishment enough by having her life destroyed, her brother killed
... shameful when a man and a court system thinks it is ok to treat a child like this.
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 4:33pm
Shameful only if the man did in fact treat her in such a manner as she claimed. The court can only respond based upon evidence presented. The burden of proof is upon the claimant, and based upon what we know from the story, this burden wasn't met in my opinion.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 10:39am
Greetings abuayisha,

So you think her family allowed their business and their lives to be destroyed, her brother to be killed, for what?

Salaam,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 8:37pm
Well Caringheart, these men stayed in prison for several years without bail, and were they to have been convicted, they could have received the death penalty, therefore, what I think isn't as important as the evidence with respect to guilt or innocence. Her family obviously believed her story, but a court of law must be impartial and weigh the evidence objectively.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 8:55am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

a court of law must be impartial and weigh the evidence objectively.

Greetings abuayisha,
My reaction to that statement was, 'Wow, and you really think that happened?'
Did the girl herself even get to testify in court?

and again;
If she is a liar, and such a dishonor, then why does he want her back?

Salaam.

Edited by Caringheart - 03 June 2013 at 8:57am
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic