IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - THE EARTH IS INDEED ROUND IN SHAPED  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE EARTH IS INDEED ROUND IN SHAPED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSontani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE EARTH IS INDEED ROUND IN SHAPED
    Posted: 24 May 2013 at 12:05am

Assalaamu�alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

A�uudzu Billaahi minasy-syaithaanir-rajiim

Qur�an Surah-27 (An Naml/the ant), Ayat-88:

And you see the mountains, you would have thought he was still in its place, but it is running as a course of clouds.  (That's) act of God that makes the sturdy all things; Allah is well acquainted of what you do.

Allah SWT does not mention specifically the name and location of the "mountains" in QS above, so I conclude "the mountains" is entire surface of the Earth or named the Earth�s Crust by Geologists.

Either surfaces that are covered by the sea (seabed)/ocean that is also mountainous or the surfaces that are not covered by the sea/ocean in the form of islands or continents. Islands and continents is a mountain peak area, when viewed from the bottom of the sea/ocean, of course.

Cloud movement can be changed at any time to the east, west, north, south, up and down, of course depends on the "The Originator". The cloud can be a "gift" for certain people in certain areas, but can also be a "catastrophe" for other people in other areas. Of course, these events are not only dependent on the "The Originator" as stated in the Qur'an such as the

1.     Qur�an Surah-2 (Al Baqarah/The Cow), Verse-164:

Verily in the creation of the heavens and the earth, the alternation of night and day, the ships running in the sea takes what is useful for human beings, and what Allah sends down from the sky in the form of water, then with the water He giving life the earth after its lifelessness and He dispersing on the earth all kind of creature, wind and cloud movement that are controlled between heavens and earth; Really (there are) signs (oneness and greatness of Allah) for people who think about.

2.         Qur�an Surah-24 (An Nuur/The Light), Verse-43:

Do you not see that Allah drives the clouds, then joins its parts, then make it in heaps, and you see the rain emerge from its crevices and Allah also sends down (granules) of ice from the sky, (that is) from (the clots of clouds like) mountains, then He inflicts it (the granules of ice) to anyone He wills and it's turned away from whom He wills. The luster of lightning the cloud is nearly eliminates vision

Therefore the earth's crust moves like clouds movement, so the earth's crust is not unity but it consists of several parts. It's amazing with a long study and certainly with no small cost, the Geologist can infer correctly, that the Earth's crust consists of several parts and they named it "Tectonic Plates".

But then I feel so sorry, now I know as the statement of Qur'an Surah above, disasters that's happened by storm; earthquake; tsunami and so on are triggered by humankind behaviour.

Clouds can move to anywhere corresponding to wind direction, because it float over the air. So in my oppinion the Earth's crust movement can occur, if it float over the "Fluid". Therefore the majority content of the earth is "Fluid", then the Earth can be ascertained "round in shape".

And I am sure you know the advantage of the Earth's round shape, such as:

1.         The alteration of night and day lasts so smoothly and surely followed by smoothly climate changing (QS-3.27; 22.61; 31.29; 35.13 & 57.6)

2.         International trade that based to the weighing (accurately) can be done without any disputes (Sir Isaac Newton's Law).

3.         Etc.

Thus my brief description, with no intention of patronizing you, hopefully it useful.

Wassalaam.

Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2013 at 4:57am
Sorry, connecting the Qu'ran with real scientific insight is not useful at all. It is very problematic.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2013 at 9:50am
it is not problematic,these facts show Qur'an is way above science.eg in Surah An Noor ch 24 v 40-Allah describes the status of disbeliever to the darkness at the sea bed,today we came to know that there are several layers of waves beneath the sea.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 6:32am
When Muslims think that the Qur'an is way above science, this explains why Muslims haven't invented anything significant and haven't made any scientific discoveries since the year 1258.

My advice therefore: Don't think of the Qur'an as a science book. Think of it as a spiritual book.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 9:16am
we humans can't give adjectives to Qur'an because its a last revelation of Allah,I m not taking Qur'an as a science book,as I already mentioned that Qur'an is the book of signs,Qur'an gives the instructions to lead our life,Allah in Qur'an has taken care of minute things,for eg in Surah Al Furqaan ch 25 v 61-Moon reflects the light of sun,this is the verse regarding science,then in Surah Al Noor ch 24 v 27-29-Allah instructs us how to enter somebody's house,so U see from things regarding science to small things regarding life Allah has taken complete care of mankind that's y Islam is the way of life.

Edited by NABA - 11 June 2013 at 9:16am
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2013 at 8:18pm

Originally posted by TSontani TSontani wrote:

Qur�an Surah-27 (An Naml/the ant), Ayat-88:

And you see the mountains, you would have thought he was still in its place, but it is running as a course of clouds.  (That's) act of God that makes the sturdy all things; Allah is well acquainted of what you do.

You are aware that this is a description of the Last Day, i.e. "the Day when the Trumpet will be blown", right?  And you're aware that in many other places the Quran states that the mountains are "standing firm" (13:31, 16:15, 35:27), "fixed firm" (15:19), "firmly fixed" (42:32), etc.?

It's funny, actually.  I remember a while ago someone here was trying to tell me that 78:6-7 ("Have We not made the earth as a wide expanse, And the mountains as pegs?") shows how Allah used the mountains to steady the earth and prevent it from moving.  Never mind that the most mountainous regions of the earth are also the most earthquake-prone. Wink
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 7:47am
Allah does what he intends to do(ch 85 v 16),Allah is free of all needs,Allah doesn't need any thing to stabilize the earth,science is a subject that study nature,Allah is the creator of nature,so therefore don't make fun about the creations of Allah,remember if Allah wanted he would have punish us for our sins in this world only,his punishment would b so severe that nobody could survive on this planet(ch 35 v 45)
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 8:02pm
I'm not making fun of the "creations of Allah", NABA.  I'm making fun of those who think the Quran is a science text. Tongue
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic