IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Non-muslim friend here :-)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Non-muslim friend here :-)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mother-in-law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non-muslim friend here :-)
    Posted: 24 April 2013 at 10:04am
Hello All, and Peace to you all,
I came to this forum for advice because my son has converted to Islam and is marrying a Muslim girl. My question was answered (in another thread) with warmth and encouragement, and I thought since I felt so comfortable asking my question I should introduce myself in case I might need more advice in the future! I live on the east coast of the USA; I'm in my 40's; I was raised Catholic as a little girl but found myself questioning it in my pre-teens and exploring other religions as a teenager. I raised my son to learn about all religions and choose for himself, rather than me telling him one is right and the others are wrong; I wanted him to pick what he can relate to, or keep exploring. At 22 he has chosen Islam and I am happy about that. Having read about most religions (major ones) I respect them all and feel that the goal of all of them is to get closer to ... whatever you call it! (God/Allah &/or his plans; or the Workings of The Universe; etc) I believe we are all One, with each other and with God/Allah/The Universe/Nature, and getting as close to that FEELING is what's most important in life. When people stray from their connection with God or each other, they stray mentally as well, and in their behaviour, and unfortunately may turn to possibly hurting themselves and others... which brings me to another thing I'd like to say, if I may...
Please know that there are MANY non-muslims in the world (and in the US!) who know Islam is not "bad"; we know that terrorists who claim to be Muslim are NOT practicing what the Koran teaches. There are a lot of ignorant loudmouths out there and unfortunately they are louder than the quiet intelligent ones, but we do exist and I hope you can all walk down the streets of the US feeling comfortable and free. If people stare at a woman covering her head it is most likely curiosity, nothing negative. Please keep smiling and know that things are getting better every day. I, and many people like me, are praying that EVERYONE who is disturbed (the religion they claim to be is irrelevant because obviously they are disturbed and wrong about morals at ALL)... that EVERYONE who is mentally not well, or unstable, or having doubts, will find peace; find Truth; find their connection with something Greater so that they can feel loved and feel One with everyone. People who feel One with everyone &/or God/Allah do not hurt each other or themselves. Please let us all pray that everyone who is lost can find a Connection. That is how I see things.
Peace and love to you all!
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 11:12pm
Salam/Peace.

Nice words. Thanks for posting. May God almighty bless us all.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2013 at 9:30am
Ditto Semar!  And welcome to islamicity.  So, what happened at the wedding? Smile
mother-in-law View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mother-in-law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2013 at 10:18am
Thank you both;
abuayisha - The wedding is in about 2 weeks! I will definitely report back; I'm sure I will be excited about it!
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2013 at 7:34am
Ok, great.
whitelion553 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelion553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2013 at 7:00am

Salam, dear mother  

Welcome to this forum Smile.

Ur son is very lucky for having a kind mother. he will have the best life because he has the best mom.

Don�t  worry  and be happy every time.

i try to say only facts
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic