IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - shari'a  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

shari'a

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shari'a
    Posted: 23 April 2013 at 4:22pm
Can someone tell me where does Shari'a come from?
Does it come from the qur'an?
Thanks.

Edited by Caringheart - 23 April 2013 at 4:22pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 9:13am
Shariah is the moral code and religious law of Islam.there are two sources,one is the commandment of Allah in Qur'an,the other is the examples set by prophet Muhammad S.A.W(pbuh).it deals with all aspects of life such as politics,marriage,crime,finance etc.for eg usury us forbidden I.e riba which is mentioned in Surah Al baqarah ch 2 v 278-279,in which Allah and prophet will rage a war against those involving in riba.The word sharia means way or path.In Surah Al-Jathiya ch 45 v 18-Allah says that we had to follow the path of religion I.e right path not the path of our desire.another example is-our prophet S.A.W(pbuh) says-propagate even one verse of Qur'an to others if U know it correctly.Allah commands us to do dawaah(spreading message of Islam to others) in several places in Qur'an such as in Surah Al Kahf ch 18 v 27,Surah Al Asra ch 103 v 1-3.

Edited by NABA - 04 May 2013 at 9:15am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 9:34am
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Shariah is the moral code and religious law of Islam.there are two sources,one is the commandment of Allah in Qur'an,the other is the examples set by prophet Muhammad S.A.W(pbuh).it deals with all aspects of life such as politics,marriage,crime,finance etc.for eg usury us forbidden I.e riba which is mentioned in Surah Al baqarah ch 2 v 278-279,in which Allah and prophet will rage a war against those involving in riba.The word sharia means way or path.In Surah Al-Jathiya ch 45 v 18-Allah says that we had to follow the path of religion I.e right path not the path of our desire.another example is-our prophet S.A.W(pbuh) says-propagate even one verse of Qur'an to others if U know it correctly.Allah commands us to do dawaah(spreading message of Islam to others) in several places in Qur'an such as in Surah Al Kahf ch 18 v 27,Surah Al Asra ch 103 v 1-3.

Greetings NABA,
But can you tell me from where you get the information that you shared?
Have you actually searched the qur'an to see if the shari'a laws are in there?
and if so can you share with me?
Thanks.
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 8:14am
I daily read Qur'an so when I saw your topic suddenly a chapter name I.e surah An nisa ch 4 come into my mind,then I read it,for eg for any marriage U need to give mahr to ur wife(ch 4 v 4),then regarding division of property,rules are mentioned in ch 4 v 11-12,then some verses I already know such as about riba(usury),as far as meaning of word shariah is concerned I enquired through net from various sites,it is not important about the source,it is important to realise the content,sharia also implies in our day to day life.for eg Allah commands us to knock the door of others before entering it,even when they are not at home,mentioned in Surah An Noor ch 24 v 27-29.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 9:58am
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

I daily read Qur'an so when I saw your topic suddenly a chapter name I.e surah An nisa ch 4 come into my mind,then I read it,for eg for any marriage U need to give mahr to ur wife(ch 4 v 4),then regarding division of property,rules are mentioned in ch 4 v 11-12,then some verses I already know such as about riba(usury),as far as meaning of word shariah is concerned I enquired through net from various sites,it is not important about the source,it is important to realise the content,sharia also implies in our day to day life.for eg Allah commands us to knock the door of others before entering it,even when they are not at home,mentioned in Surah An Noor ch 24 v 27-29.

Greetings and thank you NABA,
This was helpful. Smile
Peace be upon your day,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic