IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Haj is shirk ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Haj is shirk ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Haj is shirk ?
    Posted: 19 April 2013 at 3:43pm
Do Muslims worship a pagan rock ( al-Hajaru-l-Aswad) during the Haj and bow to it 5 times a day ?

Edited by Experiential - 20 April 2013 at 12:45am
Usmani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 10:46am
Muslims Only Worship Allah,following statement of second Khliph of Islam is very much clear on the issue.

One day, Hazrat Umar approached the stone and said: �I know very well that you are a stone that does no harm and has no benefit. If I had not seen the Holy Prophet (PBUH) kiss you, then I would have never kissed you.

I hope your misconception will be removed.
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Usmani Usmani wrote:

Muslims Only Worship Allah,following statement of second Khliph of Islam is very much clear on the issue.

One day, Hazrat Umar approached the stone and said: �I know very well that you are a stone that does no harm and has no benefit. If I had not seen the Holy Prophet (PBUH) kiss you, then I would have never kissed you.

Hello Usmani
Thank you for your reply. Then why did Mohomad kiss it?
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2013 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Experiential Experiential wrote:

Do Muslims worship a pagan rock ( al-Hajaru-l-Aswad) during the Haj and bow to it 5 times a day?

Bow and worship have different meanings. Bowing is an act in showing of respect, revere. Worshiping act can be done without bowing. If you in daily life only for money than you are worshiping money. Worship is an action where anything else is no: 2 or thereafter, you put your life into it.

Originally posted by Experiential Experiential wrote:

Originally posted by Usmani Usmani wrote:

Hello Usmani
Thank you for your reply. Then why did Mohomad kiss it?

There were lots of things that he did in his life time, that was 1400 years ago. I don't do hadith but even that I still have no problem in understanding such simple narration. But here it is:
"I saw he kissed you rock, yet in very certain term he is teaching us that rock is just a rock, lifeless. I do it as a sign for love and gratitude to what he is doing to us".

Hajar ul Aswad (the black stone), is not mentioned in the Qur'an btw.

But aside from the simple stuff. Ishmael's mother was a black woman by the name Khajar. In the Bible she is known as Hagar (Hajar = Khajar). The kissing was an act of love to the very important woman, casted out woman. Arab is a mixed race with strong African root. The kissing is telling us that African is the root of humanity.

In addition to it, Abraham grave is also there about 10 - 15 meters away, but not inside the Ka'bah.

That is the way I see thing.
Usmani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2013 at 11:12am

Quote:-Thank you for your reply. Then why did Mohomad kiss it?

You are welcome dear,It the stone came from heaven, nothing wrong and serious about if some one kissing it, isn't ?

Take care
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2013 at 1:32am
Experiential worships anything he kisses maybe.

Edited by Rational - 26 April 2013 at 1:35am
الله
Usmani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2013 at 6:57am

People kisses their children. are they worships them? no way this only show the love they have with their children.

We muslims only worship the creator of this universe.This is the only religion left on earth where shirk is the worst thing to do.

Edited by Usmani - 26 April 2013 at 7:00am
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2013 at 9:14am

Hajj signifies the universal brotherhood because in this place everybody is equal irrespective of their wealth,age,sex,colour.Muslims signify that our Qibla is one that is the wholy Kaba and we offer salat in that direction(Surah Al baqarah ch 2 v 144).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic