IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Will anyone defend Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will anyone defend Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will anyone defend Islam?
    Posted: 13 April 2013 at 4:23pm
Quote Islam teaches its followers to fight non-Muslims until they "convert, submit (pay tribute), or die". Islam also teaches its followers to be very flexible and to use open warfare only when Muslims are stronger than their enemies. When Muslims are weak, they should pretend to be peaceful and wait for right time to strike at the non-Muslims, but the goal (domination of Islam) always remains the same.

That's why any sane non-Muslim is an Islamophobe.

I was about to write a reply to this, but frankly I'm getting tired of speaking up in defense of Islam, when I've almost never seen a Muslim do the same.  Oh sure, you'll take on all comers here, on Islamicity; but what about challenging stereotypes on non-Muslim forums, where it would do some good?

Is there anyone here willing to set this guy straight?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2013 at 4:00pm
Gidday Ron - where the bloody hell were you? Smile
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 1:58pm
And be patient over what they say and avoid them with gracious avoidance. (10)
الله
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 7:29pm
I used to do that from forum to forum and from person to person, but they are so many. Along the way many able to see the logic I am presenting and change, and many stayed the same, and some even became more hostile. You know, anyone can change themselves at any given time without being directed to do so, it is the individual heart that sees it. There are some muslims that circling the black cube in Mecca with the heart that no way near it, they do it because other people do it, or just for show.

So I only say what's in it as I believe, but I ask for no reward for what I do. Heaven and hell is not my price, I have no interest whatsoever by it.

So as it is written in the Qur'an, if God so willed than everyone will believe. But than that Islam is not Islam if that made to happen. Life is beautiful only when there is a struggle to walk through, otherwise death is the best thing to have.

Anyway nice to know you still intact.
LOL
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 8:21am
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

Life is beautiful only when there is a struggle to walk through, otherwise death is the best thing to have.

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Rational Rational wrote:

So as it is written in the Qur'an, if God so willed than everyone will believe.

And that's it?

So let me get this straight:
  • - Publishing a few silly cartoons of Muhammad provokes riots in the streets and deadly attacks on news organizations;
  • - Writing a fictional book that satirizes the story of Muhammad (among many other things) provokes death threats not only against its author but anyone involved in it publication or distribition;
  • - A laughably bad anti-Islamic film that no one could take seriously incites violent protests at a US embassy (which had nothing whatsoever to do with it!);

but

• - Real, actual hatred and/or sincere ignorance of Islam is posted every day on discussion boards around the world, and it goes totally unchallenged??

Confused

• Edited by Ron Webb - 22 April 2013 at 6:54pm
    Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
    nothing View Drop Down
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2013 at 4:16pm
    Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Originally posted by Rational Rational wrote:

So as it is written in the Qur'an, if God so willed than everyone will believe.

And that's it?

So let me get this straight:
  • - Publishing a few silly cartoons of Muhammad provokes riots in the streets and deadly attacks on news organizations;
  • - Writing a fictional book that satirizes the story of Muhammad (among many other things) provokes death threats not only against its author but anyone involved in it publication or distribition;
  • - A laughably bad anti-Islamic film that no one could take seriously incites violent protests at a US embassy (which had nothing whatsoever to do with it!);

but

• - Real, actual hatred and/or sincere ignorance of Islam is posted every day on discussion boards around the world, and it goes totally unchallenged??

Confused

• I am not a boxer that throw punch for every punch received. Beside there are people that can't live without attacking, they are confrontational kind which is best to be left alone. Only every now and then I replied if it is genuine and within my ability.

There are lots of conversion that is mind boggling, nobody preached them yet they accepted Islam. In this YT clip are examples.
    But maybe it just me, I understand Islam differently. It takes time to absorb what we see. Tranquil environment is needed to scrutinize the data we received.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGoLIh4juvU
    honeto View Drop Down
    Senior  Member
    Male Islam
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2013 at 9:27am
    Ron,
    What goes behind closed doors we leave it to God. He knows and will deal with it. But if you see something and are able to do something about it in a positive manner you have done a good. And beside having good feeling and satisfaction of doing good by correcting someone, you will have an enormous reward one day.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 30 April 2013 at 9:28am
    The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
      Share Topic