IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pope washes feet of Muslim prisoner  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pope washes feet of Muslim prisoner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2013 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Hi nospam,
I have a different take on this.
I believe rational sees foot washing as an act of intimacy, which I agree, it rather is (I would feel uncomfortable having a strange man wash my feet)...
and this act of intimacy between a male and a female in islam is unacceptable.

We are tought as muslims that it is not permissible for a man to touch a women who is not permissible for him or who is not one of his mahrams. So I'm going by my beliefs and teachings.

In Catholicism, the ideal is to remain completely celibate.

Do you believe that it's a good thing if men decide to become celibate? What would happen if all men decide to remain unmarried?

In Islam, that is severely condemned.

Severely condemned? Please show us where you got this from.

In Catholicism, divorce is a sin, while it is allowed in Islam, and it is also permitted to have temporary sexual partners.

Those are lies.

First of all, in islam, divorce should be the final resort. The hadith states that Allah (subhanaho wa ta'ala) dislikes divorce. But it is allowed, for good reasons.

The other thing I have to correct you on, it is NOT permitted to have temporary sexual partners. You probably got this from a shia website.

Shias have a habit of innovating things, they do as they wish, and so have made it permissible to marry for the sake of sexual pleasure, they call it "zawaj al mut'aa", which translates to "marriage for pleasure". So for shia, a couple can get married, do what they have to do and go their separate ways. Absolute shame. This is forbidden in Islam and there is nothing to support their disgraceful acts.

Edited by Rational - 26 April 2013 at 2:46pm
الله
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2013 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by nospam001 nospam001 wrote:

Good point. So how does the woman's age make a difference? (Given that she is not a child.)

You should ask the pope man this question since it seems he has a liking for youngsters, otherwise we'd see a 50+ year old man or women in the mix. but we don't. Maybe a coincidence... Maybe. Either way in my beliefs and the christian tradition, he shouldn't be touching women feet old or young.

Edited by Rational - 26 April 2013 at 2:23pm
الله
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2013 at 7:54am
Rational wrote: The man is washing, stroking, caressing, drying and kissing the feet of young women

Rational, I find it interesting that you are obsessing over the Pope washing the feet of a woman, yet at the same time it is apparently acceptable to you that the Pope is washing the feet of men.

As a muslim, do you believe that it is perfectly acceptable for a devout muslim male such as yourself to "wash, stroke, caress, dry, and kiss" the feet of your fellow muslim males?  Is that a common form of greeting amongst muslim males?
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2013 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

Rational, I find it interesting that you are obsessing over the Pope washing the feet of a woman...

You're a fool if you think I'm obsessing over this. It's like me finding threads you've been involved in and telling you you're obsessed about whatever you were discussing. That's a poor thing to say. I'm giving my personal opinion. You don't like that reepischeap, well, you know the rest.

As a muslim, do you believe that it is perfectly acceptable for a devout muslim male such as yourself to "wash, stroke, caress, dry, and kiss" the feet of your fellow muslim males?  Is that a common form of greeting amongst muslim males?

No I don't greet anyone by washing their feet, men or women. Do you? Are you confused?

Edited by Rational - 27 April 2013 at 9:21am
الله

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2013 at 10:22am
Rational, do you consider it a sin for a devout muslim male such as yourself to "wash, stroke, caress, dry, and kiss" the feet of your fellow muslim males?  You obviously consider it a great sin for a muslim male to "wash, stroke, caress, dry, and kiss" the feet of a muslim female.
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2013 at 10:38am

Rational, do you consider it a sin for a devout muslim male such as yourself to "wash, stroke, caress, dry, and kiss" the feet of your fellow muslim males?  You obviously consider it a great sin for a muslim male to "wash, stroke, caress, dry, and kiss" the feet of a muslim female.

If it is not with the intention of lust and does not lead either one of them to commit a sin, then a male "washing, stroking, caressing, drying" the feet of another male would not be considered a sin. However, "kissing" is very questionable.

In the case of a man "washing, stroking, caressing, drying, or kissing" the feet of a woman that he is not married to, then this would be considered a sin.

Edited by Rational - 27 April 2013 at 10:48am
الله

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2013 at 7:04pm
Rational wrote: In the case of a man "washing, stroking, caressing, drying, or kissing" the feet of a woman that he is not married to, then this would be considered a sin.

It appears that you are accusing the female muslim prisoner of being guilty of the crime of zina.  Correct?

If so, then do you believe that she should be turned over to an Islamic government so that she can be put to death, as prescribed by Islamic law?

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2013 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Rational Rational wrote:

Greetings rational,

Hi.  I'm sorry to take so long to respond to you.  Yes, I understood that you were following your beliefs and teachings and pretty much saying that I do not disagree with you... that I understand your conflict. Smile

In answer to your question... I do believe we do grow closer to God when we give our whole life to Him... but as the apostle Paul said... some are called to celibate or, the priestly, life and others are called to marriage... both are vessels to sanctify us.

As for what I quoted in my last post... You are correct, it was written by a shia muslim in response to a question about similarities between Catholicism and Shiism.  I don't know where they got that celibacy is severely condemned in islam.  I think it goes to the fact that, isn't marriage required for the completion of ones deen in islam?
They weren't quite correct on the 'Catholic ideal to remain celibate' either.  Both are acceptable in the sight of God.  Marriage between a male and female is one of the sacraments of God... as much as marriage to the church is.

I have found that there are some that defend Mutah, and there are others that condemn mutah for what it is.

Salaam,
Caringheart

This is why I have trouble with islam.  I find it to be very conflicted in many ways.

Edited by Caringheart - 28 April 2013 at 12:11am
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic