IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pope washes feet of Muslim prisoner  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pope washes feet of Muslim prisoner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2013 at 5:00pm

Hi Rational

I think I understand where you're coming from. According to Islam, any person who tempts another (even passively and unwittingly) is more guilty than the one who responds impulsively according to his or her God-given urges. So by washing a young woman's feet in public the pope is forcing sexual guilt upon her, assuming that someone (anyone) might be aroused by the sight of her naked foot.

Outside of Islam there is no such excuse for inappropriate behaviour. That is, any sane adult who gives in to temptation would be entirely accountable for their own actions.

God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

I'm puzzled, Rational. Do you prefer a pope washing Christian feet only?

I'm puzzled you came to this assumption. Even though I clearly stated several times that the main issue I have is the abnormal fact of him including young women in this feet rubbing session. Call me old fashioned, but it's not something I'd allow happen to my daughter, and so I don't like seeing it done to other daughters.

Many muslims would commend the pope for doing this. but ask them, would they allow the pope to wash the feet of their daughters? Ofcourse they wouldn't. But as long as it's not their daughters it's fine, the pope is doing a good thing. Sorry, that's not right. I don't like seeing it being done for christian or muslim daughters.

I would prefer it if the pope man would not wash anyones feet in a public gathering display with cameras recording and having everything staged in that manner. Having women involved in this washing business goes against the christian tradition. But more importantly, I would prefer it if the pope man would not "wash" the feet of any young women.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Edited by Rational - 24 April 2013 at 1:54pm
الله
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 7:02am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

"Peace among believers of all religions should be priority number one in the 21st century."

Amen & Ameen to that, Caringheart!

Tongue

Edited by Matt Browne - 24 April 2013 at 7:03am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 7:01am
I'm puzzled, Rational. Do you prefer a pope washing Christian feet only?
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 9:19am
"Peace among believers of all religions should be priority number one in the 21st century."
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 6:10am
Great gesture you say? What, a public display of washing the feet of a "muslim" infront of 300 witnesses and 30 cameras ready to be streamed to every home world wide? Uhhh, what a pope man this is! He really cares doesn't he! Uhhh look at him washing the feet of those people... Uhhhh...

Edited by Rational - 21 April 2013 at 6:36am
الله
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 3:23am
In general, I'm very critical of the entire Vatican and Vatican system. But I get this feeling that the new Pope is an improvement over the previous one.

Peace among believers of all religions should be priority number one in the 21st century. Washing the feet of a Muslim is a great gesture.

aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2013 at 2:39am
TG12345
I think many Muslims around the world get the feet washing ritual and the humility it represents. I also think this Pope performed the ceremony with its original intent. Let us hope and pray that solid acts of peace and justice (on both sides) follow these symbolic gestures.
Respectfully
aka2x2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic