IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Family not accepting  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Family not accepting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Family not accepting
    Posted: 28 March 2013 at 7:26pm
I have been dating my boyfriend who is Muslim for 2 1/2 years. It has been a secret and since we started dating I have been converting to be a Muslim. We are panning on moving in with each other but he is facing many internal problems and I need help. He is afraid to tell his parents because he says they will not accept it and he will be disowned by his mother. He is scared of getting shunned and losing her prayers and being punished from paradise. Is there any way he can be saved even if he is disowned?Is there any way to convince his parents of acceptance? 
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2013 at 9:33am
Your "boyfriend" has been enjoying you at the expense of his family, religion and culture.  It is little wonder it has been kept secret. Don't waste your time with him. 
Al Jin View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Jin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2013 at 12:53am
If your boyfriend was a true muslim, he would not even consider having you just "move in" with him. He would honor you they way we are instructed in the Quran, and not disrespect you as one might disrespect a common prostitute. Until either of you is willing to live as man and wife, legally married, then neither of you can consider yourselves to be true, faithful muslims in the eyes of Allah. Live your faiths. No wonder his parents are upset. They do not want their son to leave the shade of the Quran for a woman who's willing to simply shack up with him. That is not what Muslim women, do!

Edited by Al Jin - 30 August 2013 at 12:55am
herber345 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herber345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2013 at 11:51pm
You both are of same religion and he should ask to his parent and be honest and show to your parent that you both love each other and want to marry.
You should also talk to your mother and convince your parent to ask his parent about marry. I know it is not easy, but if you didn't try you can't do any thing.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2014 at 3:33pm
Ashleyy, there seems to be a complicated situation here. And like we say in Islam, everything starts with self. So, first confirm and be firm that you are a Muslim. It means following the Islamic code of conduct in every aspect of life. Ask yourself if you know what this code of conduct is? If you do not know go to your local mosque and ask the imam, and 2-to follow it, even if it means some difficulty or some apparent loss.
After you have gain control of things for you, then encourage him to do the same and then anyone else who might be involved, like his mother.
The way you described things seem to give the sense that all three parties involved here (you, him, his mother) in some way are not following sincerely what Islam teaches. So like I said, start with yourself first, and may Allah help you and help us all, Ameen.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic