IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am kimsland  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am kimsland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimsland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am kimsland
    Posted: 03 March 2013 at 4:54am
Hello all.

I have already posted on the forum but my topic has been removed (or not accepted by Mods)

I am an ATHEIST and very proud of it :)
I actually do not understand how anyone could differ to this fact, other than the obvious lack of understanding.

I am purposely keeping this topic on the borderline of ok. And therefore hope that you will openly accept my membership here?

I wonder if other atheist members on the forum have either converted to Islam or (ideally) converted any Islamist to atheism?

Yes I have many questions, I question the entirety of Islamic religious beliefs.

Do note I DON'T go to hell ever, nor paradise (except whilst alive on Earth obviously) nor heaven, since atheists know these things to be myth. By having atheist members here you fully ACCEPT these facts.

Have a nice day Star
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 8:15am
Welcome, and how about showing a little hubris?
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 8:36am
kimsland wrote: I am an ATHEIST

Well, my middle name is Kim, so we have something in common already.

I've got a question for you, if you don't mind.  I can understand people who call themselves agnostic (i.e., they neither believe nor disbelieve in the existance of God), but atheism I find more puzzling.  I think the statements "God does exist" and "God doesn't exist" both require a leap of faith (i.e., neither statement can be proven).  Personally, I consider agnosticism to be a more "reasonable" belief than atheism.  Do you have any thoughts on this? 
kimsland View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimsland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

how about showing a little hubris?
Thanks abuayisha.
Yes I have been told before that I tend to be a tad arrogant at times, with the me right and you're not point of view. I continue to stand by that ;)

Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

Well, my middle name is Kim, so we have something in common already.
Hmm, actually I'm going to look at that as favorable as well.

Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

I've got a question for you, if you don't mind.  I can understand people who call themselves agnostic (i.e., they neither believe nor disbelieve in the existance of God), but atheism I find more puzzling.  I think the statements "God does exist" and "God doesn't exist" both require a leap of faith (i.e., neither statement can be proven).  Personally, I consider agnosticism to be a more "reasonable" belief than atheism.  Do you have any thoughts on this? 

Yes I was there too once.
I had the logical opinion that we must all be truthfully agnostic since proof is just not there. And even if it were, we'd still have to be agnostic as perceived reality may still be incorrect!

It truthfully wasn't until I started reading parts of the bible and that are mythical one (note: again 'atheists' understanding) the holly Qur'an, that I came to the understanding that these 'stories' are so far fetched they just couldn't be true, plus what else to do back then but to write fiction and control the teenagers Lol.

This left me with, what about 'God' itself?
I started looking to science and noticed a very common pattern that has never changed. Everything is natural, natural to the universe. Everything evolves, stars still die, galaxies collide etc etc etc. Nothing seemed supernatural, I mean nothing ever, past or present. Even the future events are ALL natural.

With the many Gods that are praised (including even our own small Sun and Moon). It seemed MORE logical that either NONE are correct or only one is correct. But that did not deter others praising their own God.  So the quest was on to define 'God'. It seemed obvious it wasn't what was written by 'man' because that's just ridiculous plus 'hubris' Lol. So the single only defining statement was that this God created everything. Since that went totally against my scientific natural understanding of everything evolving, then it was apparent to me that there is no god at all. (bold to help the kids).

I would have been more questionable of my own understandings if God were a plant or a planet, and everyone praised that. But an image of man, is just a joke. I mean aliens laugh as much as I do at the concept of a god.
Thankfully, MOST of the world do not believe in 'Jesus'. Nor does MOST of the world believe in 'Allah'. These religious beliefs are the minority. And thankfully more and more people are opening their eyes to reality.

That's it in simple terms :) But lots of reading and viewing countless videos to get to it. Plus a wealth of life experience and common sense.

On a side note, I find 'atheist forums' extremely disturbing.
When I announce there is no god (obviously) I'm met with that's as bad as a religious person! (you yourself spoke about 'faith' ironically). Atheist forums instruct me to read the Bible (or Qur'an) memorize it, then study science to the Nth degree and finally provide intelligent theoretical knowledgeable comprehensible concise debate on the subject (pretty sure 5 to 20 years pre-work involved! ) My response :

I am not a scientist, nor a religious fool. I know there is no god through common sense alone. When a child asks me, Is there a God, I immediately say NO.  Of course not, since a belief in god is ridiculous since it is myth. I then ask the extremely knowledgeable atheist forum what they say to the child, and their response is the SAME as they said to me (ie about 20years study!!! ) My reply back is usually - hypocrites, I want to help children not confuse them even more!

And you? :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic