IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - sanctions and corruption  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sanctions and corruption

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sanctions and corruption
    Posted: 21 February 2013 at 6:23pm
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3597/iran-rial-collpase

Perhaps all nation states could benefit from a period of sanctions to expose corruption.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 7:10pm
Fascinating, I don't get this at all from following the link.  What I get is that UN sanctions do not work and the UN is a toothless organization that the US should withdraw from immediately.
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 8:43pm
The severity of the financial situation in the western world is not a piece of cake. I've been reading following this trend for well over than 6 years and there have never recovered from what was lost previously. The American riches that made them "rich" was gold reserve which has run out in the vietnam era, and that was the pegging of the US dollars. That is also why the US insist all transaction must use the US dollars.

How much debt was the US had back then in the 60's or 70's I don't know. What we know now is the debt is accumulating by an average of 500 billions each year. And the whole Europe is in it's footpath now. Put it simply it will never recover to it's former glory.

Germany is one of the three that works as the engine of Europe, but look at it now.

Iran is very small fish in this drying pond pond yet for some reason their suffering can give a mental orgasm to some people.

http://news.icontv.ca/German-unemployment-goes-past-three-million
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 8:53pm
Greetings Nothing,
I don't know that anyone is pleased that iran is suffering.  I know that I am not.  That's not the point and purpose at all.  The point and purpose is to try to maintain some semblance of peace in the world.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 9:07am
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2013 at 8:36am
Toothless organization? I wonder why North Korea is so upset these days.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2013 at 7:04pm

Just a thought, but could it have more to do with China's siding with the rest of the world this time rather than the merits of the UN.  Let me tell you, if China wasn't on board this time North Korea would be back to the same old ball game thumbing it's nose at the UN.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic