IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quran  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

God died???it is truly illogical!!!!!

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a grain of wheat fall into the ground and die, it remains only a grain: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. - the words of Yeshua
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2013 at 2:01am
Hear o israel your lord my lord is one God (bible mark 12:29)-words of Jesus Christ(pbuh), Allah is one, Allah is eternal, he is neither born nor givevbirth, there is nothing like him (ch 112 v 1-4 from Quran).
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2013 at 11:54am

Hear o israel your lord my lord is one God (bible mark 12:29)-words of Jesus Christ(pbuh), Allah is one, Allah is eternal, he is neither born nor givevbirth, there is nothing like him (ch 112 v 1-4 from Quran).

Greetings NABA,

I don't think it was possible to convey the depth and meaning in all of Yeshua's words to us.  I think there is a great deal we can not understand about God and Yeshua, and the Holy Spirit.  Much of what Yeshua spoke was a mystery to those to whom He spoke His words... a puzzle to man and his limited understanding. The resurrection revealed a great deal of the mystery, but it is still a puzzle to the limited mind of man.
You have to know all of His words, to glean the fullness of the message... and you have to be able to accept a bit of mystery... things that we will not understand until we meet our Maker. Smile

Salaam,
Caringheart

Did you see my post to you from July 9?

Edited by Caringheart - 24 July 2013 at 11:55am
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2013 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

Experiential

There were Christians and Jews in Arabia long before the time of Mohammad. Mohammad knew the stories from the Torah and Injil through word of mouth. How else would he have known about all of the stories and prophets from the Torah and Injil. Including the creation story.

Not being able to read or write had nothing to do with it.

My Reply

Let me put forward some questions:

"Why is it in spite of the abundance of historical material on Muhammad (Salla Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam)'s life, and in spite of the extensive research on his life for centuries by his severe critics, that it was not possible to discover the mysterious teacher(s) through whom Muhammad (Salla Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) might have learned all that?

It is known that Muhammad (Salla Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) was opposed, ridiculed and persecuted for nearly 13 years by his own contemporaries. With this magnitude of severe enemies, was it not possible for them to prove to the masses that Muhammad (Salla Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam)'s claim of revelation was sheer fabrication? Was it not possible for them to reveal and name of the person whom they alleged to be the human source or sources of his teachings? Even some of his adversaries who had made this assertion changed their minds later on and accused him, instead, of magic or being possessed by evil, etc. Muhammad (Salla Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) was raised among his people and every aspect of his life was exposed to them, especially by the openness that characterizes tribal life in the desert. How could the multitudes of his contemporaries, including many of his close relatives who knew him so well, how could they believe in his truthfulness if they had any doubt that he was claiming credit for ideas taught to him by some other teachers without bothering to give them credit?

What kind of teacher might have taught Muhammad (Salla Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) a coherent and complete religion that changed the face of history? Why didn't he or they (if any) speak against the alleged student who continued learning from them, while ignoring them and claiming some other divine source for his teachings?

How could many Jews and Christians amongst his contemporaries become Muslims and believe in his truthfulness if they knew he was copying from their scriptures or learning from their priests or rabbis?

It is known that some of the Qur'anic revelations to Muhammad (Salla Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) were revealed in the presence of people. The Qur�an was revealed over the span of 23 years. Where then was that mysterious, perhaps invisible teacher of Muhammad (Salla Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam)? How could he have hidden himself for so long? Or how could Muhammad (Salla Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam), who was constantly surrounded by companions, was able to make frequent secret visits to that mysterious teacher or teachers for 23 years without even being caught once?

ANCHORFREE_VERSION="623161526"var _AF2$ = {'SN':'HSSHIELD00PK','IP':'50.117.61.226','CH':'HSSCNL000080','CT':'XX','HST':'&toAdltIntr=1&FW_UA=MSIE/9.0>rk=y&SFLAG=1&FBWCNT_FIREFOX=2&accessAdltIntr=1&clsBtnCnt=2','AFH':'hss106','RN':Math.floor(Math.random()*999),'TOP':(parent.location!=document.location||top.location!=document.location)?0:1,'AFVER':'3.09','fbw':false,'FBWCNT':0,'FBWCNTNAME':'FBWCNT_FIREFOX','NOFBWNAME':'NO_FBW_FIREFOX','B':'f','VER': 'nonus'};if(_AF2$.TOP==1){document.write("");}

I never said that Mohammad had a special teacher (s).

I accept that Mohamad had �revelations� or hallucinations when he was having his epileptic fits.

The Torah and Injil were well known by Mohamad.

Mohamad travelled a lot as a boy and as a trader. Of course he was exposed to Jews and Christians and what they believed. Look at the tradition of the Christian monk Bahira who was supposed to have influenced Mohamad.

Look at the contact Mohamad had with the Christians of Ethiopia the Cristians of Najran and the Byzantine Christians.

Look at the dealings he had with the local Jews of his own area. Of course he knew their stories and beliefs.

You ask - How could many Jews and Christians amongst his contemporaries become Muslims and believe in his truthfulness if they knew he was copying from their scriptures or learning from their priests or rabbis?

Well actually many Jews and Christians did not believe in his �new message� !

Edited by Experiential - 26 July 2013 at 2:14am
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 3:05am
If v take ur logic that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) knew ingil then y there are no faults in Quran as i quoted faults from bible in other thread to u.how cum Quran a flawless revelation written by human?? This again proves ur arguement wrong!!! Quran is the last revelation by Allah.
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 12:02am

If v take ur logic that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) knew ingil then y there are no faults in Quran as i quoted faults from bible in other thread to u.how cum Quran a flawless revelation written by human?? This again proves ur arguement wrong!!! Quran is the last revelation by Allah.

I don�t see what you are trying to say in if Prophet Muhammad  knew the Injil, then why are there no faults in the Quran ?

Who says there are no faults in the Quran? Only Muslims. You still have not adequately responded to the silly verses like Soloman and the ants and the sun setting in muddy pond.

How is the Quran faultless when most Muslims can�t even understand Arabic. How can a miracle book be tied just to one language. That�s a fault in itself.

I replied to you about the Bible already. What I said was  

yes there are faults. That is because it was written by man but inspired by God.

This is different from the Muslim idea that the Quran is the �exact word of God�

NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 8:15am
U yourself saying that bible is written by man inspired by God,y we listen to the man y not our creator Allah?I answered you satisfactorily about prophet Solomon(pbuh) and ants,I proved U wrong about ur view that ants communicate only by signals,moreover I also want to quote,that in many translations are different,few say sun is in the mud or sun is in black sea.i want to ask you suppose we go to a beach in the evening and we c that sun is setting,some may say sun is sinking.but does it really sink???does sun really sets???answer to this question is in ch 3 v 7-Allah says that there are some verses which may have different meanings,Allah in several places say that Qur'an is for those who understand.Allah has given us wisdom.in the verse he reached the setting of the sun means he reached the place where sun sets.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 10:56am

in many translations are different,few say sun is in the mud or sun is in black sea.i want to ask you suppose we go to a beach in the evening and we c that sun is setting,some may say sun is sinking.but does it really sink???does sun really sets???answer to this question is in ch 3 v 7-Allah says that there are some verses which may have different meanings,Allah in several places say that Qur'an is for those who understand.Allah has given us wisdom.in the verse he reached the setting of the sun means he reached the place where sun sets.

As far as I can see, this only means that Muhammad once saw the sun going down over the Mediterranean sea.
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic