IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - SATAN TEMPTED GOD  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SATAN TEMPTED GOD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SATAN TEMPTED GOD
    Posted: 17 February 2013 at 8:58am
Too funny

Matthew 4:1-11 New International Version (NIV) Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness 4 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a> by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, �If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.� 4 Jesus answered, �It is written: �Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.�� 5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 �If you are the Son of God,� he said, �throw yourself down. For it is written: ��He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.�[c>� 7 Jesus answered him, �It is also written: �Do not put the Lord your God to the test.�[d>� 8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 �All this I will give you,� he said, �if you will bow down and worship me.� 10 Jesus said to him, �Away from me, Satan! For it is written: �Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.�[e>� 11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him
Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2013 at 6:51am
Your title is wrong. It should be "satan tempted Jesus."
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
Placid View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2013 at 9:41am
Hi Mahdi

In the Scripture, Matthew 4:1-11, --- it is not accurate to say that �Satan tempted God.�

I think you understand that Almighty God never leaves heaven, but sends his angels and messengers to earth as they are all His servants. In the case of Jesus, He had a human body, but had a Divine Spirit.
--- In Isaiah there is a verse that says �The Lord Himself shall give you a Sign, behold the virgin shall conceive, and bear a Son, and you will call his name �Immanuel.�

So of this One, the Word (Logos), --- that God sent from heaven, to indwell the body of Jesus, was a special Son of the Virgin Mary, who was CALLED the Son of God, --- but He was not God, --- as God could not have a son, --- but He could say �Be!� and he was.

--- However, there is a Scripture in Hebrews 10 that says:
5 �Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me.
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
You had no pleasure.
7 Then I said, �Behold, I have come�
In the volume of the book it is written of Me�
To do Your will, O God.�
--- So the Word (Logos) that came from heaven had this Body �prepared,� to indwell. Notice what it says in Surah 3:
45 Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! God giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honor in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to God.�

--- So, the only chance that Satan had to destroy God�s plan of salvation through Jesus Christ, was to tempt Jesus directly, --- in the same way he tempted Adam and Eve. --- Adam, being made perfect, but having a free will to choose, --- chose disobedience to God.
--- Jesus used the Word of God to answer Satan�s temptations, so Jesus was obedient to God, and defeated Satan --- in fulfilled His purpose as the Savior, Messiah.

Placid

Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 6:53am
Originally posted by Placid Placid wrote:

Hi Mahdi

In the Scripture, Matthew 4:1-11, --- it is not accurate to say that �Satan tempted God.�

I think you understand that Almighty God never leaves heaven, but sends his angels and messengers to earth as they are all His servants. In the case of Jesus, He had a human body, but had a Divine Spirit.
--- In Isaiah there is a verse that says �The Lord Himself shall give you a Sign, behold the virgin shall conceive, and bear a Son, and you will call his name �Immanuel.�

So of this One, the Word (Logos), --- that God sent from heaven, to indwell the body of Jesus, was a special Son of the Virgin Mary, who was CALLED the Son of God, --- but He was not God, --- as God could not have a son, --- but He could say �Be!� and he was.

--- However, there is a Scripture in Hebrews 10 that says:
5 �Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me.
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
You had no pleasure.
7 Then I said, �Behold, I have come�
In the volume of the book it is written of Me�
To do Your will, O God.�
--- So the Word (Logos) that came from heaven had this Body �prepared,� to indwell. Notice what it says in Surah 3:
45 Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! God giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honor in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to God.�

--- So, the only chance that Satan had to destroy God�s plan of salvation through Jesus Christ, was to tempt Jesus directly, --- in the same way he tempted Adam and Eve. --- Adam, being made perfect, but having a free will to choose, --- chose disobedience to God.
--- Jesus used the Word of God to answer Satan�s temptations, so Jesus was obedient to God, and defeated Satan --- in fulfilled His purpose as the Savior, Messiah.

Placid

according to trinity, Jesus=God. so, i did not make any mistake
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 6:53am
Originally posted by Webber Webber wrote:

Salaam_Erin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salaam_Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 8:33am
The temptation of Jesus showed Satan's arrogance, but also Satan's awareness that Jesus had a truly human nature- admittedly a pre-fallen, perfect human nature- unlike our sinful nature.  That's why Christians need to be careful about saying Jesus had a human body, but a Divine Spirit.  This is indeed true, but it also must be remembered that Jesus' Divine Spirit upon His physical conception in the womb and entry into Mary's egg hypostatically projected a finite human version of Himself spiritually, which is hypostatically linked to His Divine Spirit- like an infinite sea producing within itself a finite bubble- this is a key aspect of the doctrine of the two natures of Christ.  (Like how Jesus could heal a bleeding woman merely touching His prayer shawl and yet He could ask "Who touched me?" due to feeling Divine power go out from Him.)  If we say ONLY  that Jesus had a human body and a Divine Spirit, then that is the Monophysite heresy.  The irony is that the Monophysites said Jesus was only God and not human, He merely inhabited a body.  When Muhammad spoke with the Monophysites, he got confused and thought they were saying the opposite!  (That He was only human!) 

Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Ah, so you're a trinitarian.
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 10:36pm

Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Ah, so you're a trinitarian.
so u dont bellieve in trinity? what do you believe?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic