IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - the Qur'an and peace  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the Qur'an and peace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2013 at 2:25am
Originally posted by W.S. W.S. wrote:

Matt Browne, I've read through this thread, including your list of key messages presented in Irshad Manji's two books, and I agree with them. I recently read her first book and I'm currently reading her second one. It is so very unfortunate that so few Muslims have the courage to speak out, instead of living in this constant denial and/or being silent because of fear.
Muslims! Especially you who've been such your whole lives: what do you think of Manji's key messages presented in Matt's list?! 

I'm glad to hear this. I learned so many positive things about Islam as well, especially in the second book. This book really gives me hope that humanity in all its diversity can evolve beyond greed and insults and war. Hope that some day in the future we will see respect, fairness and peace.

Edited by Matt Browne - 28 April 2013 at 2:31am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2013 at 2:30am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

W.S., I'm certainly not up for the task of addressing an entire list, which would require an essay, however I suggest for purposes of focus and clarity, that any "key message" or concerns of "constant denial" are taken one at a time in a thread other than "Quran and peace", and perhaps you'll get a more specific response to your question.  And Allah Knows Best.

It doesn't require an essay, in my opinion. Please have the courage to briefly comment on the most important items of this list. No one will think that you are a heretic. Or do you fear the wrath of fundamentalists?

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Al Saadiqeen21 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

can U quote some verses related to violence and injustice from Qur'an.

Greetings NABA,

Salaam,
Caringheart

can U quote some verses related to violence and injustice from Qur'an< How can you say this > That's not what this thread is for. Thanks.< You should makeup your mind , either you want to know or you don't which is it .

One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 4:07pm
proper quote: (from page 1, post March 16th... also see opening post)

Greetings NABA,

That's not what this thread is for.
Thanks.

Salaam,
Caringheart

I felt that Matt had taken the thread in a good direction, so why go backwards?
asalaam.

Edited by Caringheart - 23 May 2014 at 4:12pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 4:53pm

proper quote: (from page 1, post March 16th... also see opening post)

Greetings NABA,

That's not what this thread is for.
Thanks.

Salaam,
Caringheart

I felt that Matt had taken the thread in a good direction, so why go backwards?
asalaam.

So that mean you can't quote any Scriptures from the Holy Qur'aan , That you have listen to or you cliam to have read okkk
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 7:07am

I would like if anyone would share with me where they feel the Qur'an promotes peace.
Thank you.

And your not here breeding Hatred , Separation , Ignorace , War .

Can you explain this verse for US. The Christian God is a A man of War .

Exodus 15 ; 3 , Where It States , And I Quote ; The Lord ( Yahweh ) Is A Man Of War

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 9:36pm
The thread went off track and I'm still waiting for people to share verses of the qur'an that they feel promote peace.  Shukran und salaam.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2014 at 12:33am
Assalamalecum,Allah in Quran in ch 2 v 83 says speak nicely to people, Allah in ch 28 v 83 says Allah will grant home of hereafter only to those who don't want mischief on the land.means those who don't want mischief automatically they are peace loving people.Allah in ch 49 v 13 saus Allah created u from a single couple and divided u in different colours and regions so that u may recognise each other n love each other not hatred, the best amongst u is the one who posess taqwa ie.righteousness, God consciousness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic