IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - the Qur'an and peace  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the Qur'an and peace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the Qur'an and peace
    Posted: 22 June 2015 at 2:16pm
Caringheart

Peace in your Bible.

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.Luke 19:27
These are the words of Jesus.

here is another one the lamb brought to you.

King James Bible
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.Matthew 10:34

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Hypocrite! First take the log out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Hope this answers your question.

iec
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2015 at 9:05pm
Thanks airmano.  I see your reply was delayed, as were mine.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2015 at 3:07pm
Thanks Ron.
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2015 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Can anyone please provide me with verses that use the word peace?

No problem, Caringheart.  A quick search lists fifty of them: http://corpus.quran.com/search.jsp?t=4&q=peace
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2015 at 12:17am
@Caringheart:

Do a search with this search engine.. The word "peace" shows up quite often, but you can of course still argue about the content/meaning of the word "peace" in a given surah.
Since most of the occurrences of "peace" are tripled (or more) due to the multiple translations of the same verses the total number of occurrences indicated has to be divided by three to four.

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 11 June 2015 at 3:15am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 10:28pm
Greetings Abu Loren,

Long time, no see.
I hope you have been well.
You didn't provide me with the verses.
That would have been helpful.

Shukran and salaam,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I need to revisit this topic and ask for muslims to help clarify something for me.I was listening to a speaker today(online) raised muslim, who said that the word peace appears only once in the qur'an.Can anyone please provide me with verses that use the word peace?Shukran and salaam,Caringheart

Either your hearing aid wasn't working when you were listening to the radio or the listener doesn't know much.
:)
La Ilaha IllAllah
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 7:58pm
I need to revisit this topic and ask for muslims to help clarify something for me.
I was listening to a speaker today(online) raised muslim, who said that the word peace appears only once in the qur'an.
Can anyone please provide me with verses that use the word peace?
Shukran and salaam,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic