IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - G-d Does NOT Change!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

G-d Does NOT Change!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G-d Does NOT Change!
    Posted: 09 February 2013 at 9:45am
Dear Trinitarians,

Please consider the following verse:

Malachi 3:6
"I the Lord do not change...."

Some contend that the Trinity is not G-d changing but revealing himself more. Yet why do you believe in the Trinity when G-d already revealed:
"God IS not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?" Numbers 23:19

Jesus was considered both man and son of man in the New Testament so this means Jesus(PBUH) is not God and the Trinity is false.

Edited by 786SalamKhan - 09 February 2013 at 10:10am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 11:38am
I can only go by the fact that Jesus came, and what He said and revealed about Himself, and those things which he first spoke about and then came to pass, and those who were with Him saw the Truth, the good news, and went out into the world to share this good news, the Truth from God, even at the price of death.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
786SalamKhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 1:44am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I can only go by the fact that Jesus came, and what He said and revealed about Himself, and those things which he first spoke about and then came to pass, and those who were with Him saw the Truth, the good news, and went out into the world to share this good news, the Truth from God, even at the price of death.

http://knowingallah.com/index.php/en/articles/category/233
What Jesus(PBUH) taught about himself however was not that he is divine but none of us can convince each other, we can only take the information and try to convince ourselves.

I go by the fact that Muhammad(SAW) came, and what he said and revealed. This does not mean that the Bible is wrong or corrupt but men do make mistakes and after a long period of time when the original authors (Moses and Jesus) are no longer present G-d himself must correct it with the Quran.

Try to imagine it from the other side of the argument, just consider Muhammad(SAW) as a Prophet. I would sometimes imagine without taking Quran and Muhammad into consideration(May Allah forgive me) that Jesus did die on the cross for our sins and that would not convince me. But I would never believe in the Trinity as there is not enough evidence to imagine that. Although Satan would try to force the idea into my head when I wake up before Fajr, but he would also try to force idolatry such as the Moabite "god" Chemosh, Praise Allah that I would fight off these thoughts.

May Allah Guide us all and grant us Jannah through his mercy only.

Edited by 786SalamKhan - 10 February 2013 at 1:50am
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by 786SalamKhan 786SalamKhan wrote:

http://knowingallah.com/index.php/en/articles/category/233

"but none of us can convince each other, we can only take the information and try to convince ourselves."
I agree.
"I go by the fact that Muhammad(SAW) came, and what he said and revealed. This does not mean that the Bible is wrong or corrupt but men do make mistakes and after a long period of time when the original authors (Moses and Jesus) are no longer present G-d himself must correct it with the Quran."
I understand the logic applied in that statement, but I do believe it is a faulty statement.  Scrutiny shows that the scriptures have been meticulously preserved.

The only evidence needed for the trinity is in what Jesus Himself said.  Have you read the words of Jesus?

I have been doing some reading at the link you shared.   There is an awful lot of misinformation there.
There is no doubt of the similarities between all religions.  They all begin in Mesopotamian myth and there is unquestionably a thread of truth that connects them all.  Man has been seeking to understand their Creator, who has given them signs, ever since time began.

The only conclusive thing that I can always say is, who can argue with the teaching of Jesus?  Is there a single thing He taught, and brought to the world, that is not good?

There have been many things said about Jesus and I have delved deeply into every thing that is said, to weigh carefully whether the views I have held are clear and true.
It is this that allows me to realize that any one of us could find, in the end, that we have been wrong.
If anything saves me it may be my humility to accept this truth.
What is not wrong is what I find in God's Word... the Bible.
With Muhammad I gain nothing that I don't already have, without Jesus I lose everything.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 11 February 2013 at 10:21am
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 3:17pm

With Muhammad I gain nothing that I don't already have, without Jesus I lose everything.Salaam,Caringheart

It upsets me to see you talking like this about our beloved prophet Mohammad (Salla Allah Allaihi wa Sallam). If the prophet heard you speak about him like this, I'd imagine he would turn his cheek and pray that Allah forgives you and guides you away from the darkness you live in.

"On the Day their tongues, their hands, and their feet will bear witness against them as to their actions." (24:24)

May Allah forgive you Caringheart.

Edited by Rational - 11 February 2013 at 3:19pm
الله
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Rational Rational wrote:

It upsets me to see you talking like this about our beloved prophet Mohammad (Salla Allah Allaihi wa Sallam). If the prophet heard you speak about him like this, I'd imagine he would turn his cheek and pray that Allah forgives you and guides you away from the darkness you live in.

"On the Day their tongues, their hands, and their feet will bear witness against them as to their actions." (24:24)

May Allah forgive you Caringheart.

Greetings Rational,

I'm sorry, and I know it does, and I am glad that you expressed it so civilly, but it should not be a source of injury to you.  We are all truth-seekers are we not?  What can Muhammad bring to me that I do not already have?  He brought his own people to belief in one god, which is good, but I already had that.
If God thinks I need His forgiveness, then I too, pray that I will receive it, but I am pretty certain that I live in the Light.

Salaam and blessings to you,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 11 February 2013 at 3:50pm
Blessed be God forever
786SalamKhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 8:06am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2BNwZk6Wi4&list=WLFHdUBKWxT2GrSQs5SIbA2wS6QDa3W4VJ
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 10:12am

DYING FOR SOMETHING DOES NOT MAKE IT REAL/TRUE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic