IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marijuana  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMarijuana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ZubairH View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marijuana
    Posted: 12 July 2006 at 6:36am
xzc
HelterSkelter View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 2:47pm
I'd love for this topic to continue...
It seems as if the biggest arguement is health issues but if you were to use an inhaler or bake something with marijuana in it, what's the problem? Is experimenting with weed really the worst that can be done? Will I go to Hell for sure if I like weed as much as I do??

Please, I need answers.
Nothing else in this world makes sense to me like Islam but at the same time, I see no problem in using marijuana once in a while.
saja91 View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 6:24pm
anything harmful to your body or that can cause diseases and kill is haraam..
ZubairH View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 7:06pm
sorry for the sources

http://www.marijuana.com/myths.php3

need to scroll down a bit and click on each claim
ZubairH View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 7:04pm
||||||5:91 Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants and gambling and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah and from prayer: will ye not then abstain?

Innama yureedu alshshaytanu an yooqiAAa baynakumu alAAadawata waalbaghdaa fee alkhamri waalmaysiri wayasuddakum AAan thikri Allahi waAAani alssalati fahal antum muntahoona||||

Just want to say that the intoxication of marijuana does not hinder from the remembrance of god.
It is a different kind of intoxiction. Also this kind of intoxication does not affect decision making for the worse if used sensibly.

|||||4:43 O ye who believe! Approach not prayers with a mind befogged, until ye can understand all that ye say,- nor in a state of ceremonial impurity (Except when travelling on the road), until after washing your whole body. If ye are ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from offices of nature, or ye have been in contact with women, and ye find no water, then take for yourselves clean sand or earth, and rub therewith your faces and hands. For Allah doth blot out sins and forgive again and again. |||||||

HEre it says that you should not pray when your mind is befogged not when an intoxicant is in your system. Marijuana is effective for only a few hours. Besides certain breeds of marijuana (sativa) don't befog your mind but produce a different, uplifting high.

Also marijuana is not addictive physically. Mentally, it is not very addictive. I have kept off for 1 month with no mental withdrawal effects once (during hajj). Also during fasting.

Also marijuana seems not to effect my brain since my grades in my school are well.

Besides the smoke(which can be avoided), marijuana seems to have no health risks. in fact, the THC in it acts as cough medicine actually making coughs more productive. Besides the smoke that comes in if smoked usually builds up in the central passage ways not harming the more vulnerable smaller passsageways.

Also i grow my own marijuana without any special unnatural techniques.(It is legal where live). So because of this I know whats in my marijuana.( I am very much against the use of harder drugs).

I am pretty good muslim (zakat, hajj, salah, shahadah, fasting, i do)

Not sure if i got everything, but i hope someone will respond, i value your side and your opinion, not trying to start a raging bitter argument.

I think most of the sources to my arguments should be here.

Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 11:33am

Assalamu Alaikum

Brother Illuminati, there is a reward, both in this world and the next, for the decision you have made.  Inshallah you will feel its effect and know that your decision was the right one.  What you need to do is simply ask Allah for forgiveness and then don't look back at the past, just keep looking in the direction of Allah the Merciful.  We live in a world that hates to see people living purely for Allah because then we are not buying into what they have for sale.  But what they have for sale can never match what Allah can give us.  Once again, I will end my post with an ayat, but this time, it�s a du'a.  Inshallah you will learn it and keep it close to your heart always.

Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith. (2:286)

rabbana wala tuhammilna ma la taqata lana bihi waoAAfu -AAanna waighfir lana wairhamna anta mawlana faonsurna AAala alqawmi alkafireena

Ashukru-lillahi Rabbil-Alameen wala-hawla  wala quwata illa billah

Allah Hafiz

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
Illuminati View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2006 at 10:49am
Asslamu Alaikum

Sister Khadija...
After a long talk with our brother Omar and after reading your post,
I have concluded my previous mindset was wrong.
I'd like to apologize to the forum and those who read what I said
that influenced them to think that marijuana is ok, anything that intoxicates the mind all it really does is hinder your potential.
I feel really bad for being so hypocritical in life and praise.
This day marks my step into a pure life.
*sigh*
I'm sorry (insert noun).

Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 11:47pm

Assalamu Alaikum

Brother Illuminati, shukran for your honest and open post.  It is wonderful to see someone as young as you concerned about their deen.   Where are you originally from?  Please don�t judge all American�s by what you see in Houston.  I, too, lived in Houston for a brief time in my life and I know what you mean.  But not all Americans live like that.  Houston like any other big city in the US is where a people congregate to for work.  This means that for most larger cities there are higher populations of those who are under educated and who are low on the social economic scale.  I am not trying to say that those who fit into this category are necessarily as you are describing; however, sadly it happens within this group more often than in others.  I don�t think this thread is the proper place to discuss such social dynamics so I will end with that.  Hopefully I have not offended anyone.  If so, I am truly sorry and that was not my intentions.

With respect to your consumption of marijuana, regardless of whether you smoke it or eat it, marijuana is an intoxicant which fogs the brain and because of this, any salat which you make while you have THC in your system is invalid.  Allah commands us not to approach Him in prayer when our mind is in a fog.

4:43 O ye who believe! Approach not prayers with a mind befogged, until ye can understand all that ye say,- nor in a state of ceremonial impurity (Except when travelling on the road), until after washing your whole body. If ye are ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from offices of nature, or ye have been in contact with women, and ye find no water, then take for yourselves clean sand or earth, and rub therewith your faces and hands. For Allah doth blot out sins and forgive again and again.

Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo la taqraboo alssalata waantum sukara hatta taAAlamoo ma taqooloona wala junuban illa AAabiree sabeelin hatta taghtasiloo wain kuntum marda aw AAala safarin aw jaa ahadun minkum mina alghaiti aw lamastumu alnnisaa falam tajidoo maan fatayammamoo saAAeedan tayyiban faimsahoo biwujoohikum waaydeekum inna Allaha kana AAafuwwan ghafooran

Regardless of whether you feel your mind is befogged or not, when you consume marijuana, the THC in the marijuana will store in the fatty cells of your brain causing your brain not to function normally.  This is simply a proven fact.  The problem for those who use it, is that being under the influence of marijuana gives the user a false sense of well-being which keeps them from seeing the reality of what is actually taking place in their brain.  As can be seen in the ayats below, this is the work of Shaytan and Allah commands us to abstain from such behavior:

5:90  O ye who believe! intoxicants and gambling (dedication of) stones and (divination by) arrows are an abomination of Satan's handiwork: eschew such (abomination) that ye may prosper.

Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo innama alkhamru waalmaysiru waalansabu waalazlamu rijsun min AAamali alshshaytani faijtaniboohu laAAallakum tuflihoona

5:91  Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants and gambling and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah and from prayer: will ye not then abstain?

Innama yureedu alshshaytanu an yooqiAAa baynakumu alAAadawata waalbaghdaa fee alkhamri waalmaysiri wayasuddakum AAan thikri Allahi waAAani alssalati fahal antum muntahoona

I don�t think any of us can know who is and who isn�t going to be fuel for the fires of hell; however, the simple fact that you ask that question indicates, at least to me, that you know in your heart that what you are doing is no right.  How you choose to live your life in this world is your call.  Allah gave us �free will� for a reason, but with is comes consequences.  You have the right to choose, but you will be the one to live with the consequences not me or not someone else.  So, I�m going to leave you with one more ayat and let you decide what you need to be doing with your life. 

4:17 Allah accept the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and repent soon afterwards; to them will Allah turn in mercy: For Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom.

Innama alttawbatu AAala Allahi lillatheena yaAAmaloona alssooa bijahalatin thumma yatooboona min qareebin faolaika yatoobu Allahu AAalayhim wakana Allahu AAaleeman hakeeman

Inshallah you will make the right decision.  Keep up the good work in school so that Inshallah you will be able to leave Houston as soon as you are old enough to do so.   Ameen!

Ashukru-lillahi Rabbil-Alameen wala- hawla  wala quwata illa billah

ALLAH HAFIZ

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic