IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - can someone clear my query?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

can someone clear my query?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can someone clear my query?
    Posted: 08 February 2013 at 11:51am
Assalamalecum WA rehmatullahi WA barakhatahu.in my information there is a well educated family of four who hardly does anything wrong,they are averagely Islamic I.e following 5 pillars of Islam regulary,but their children who got awards for performing well in 12th class had to take the step of donation in a private medical institution,because they couldn't find a medical seat ina reservation based system,many people indirectly say its a haraam act,i was about to think like them but suddenly i remember these verses-surah Al imran ch 3 v 103,Surah Al Anam ch 6 159,according to these verses discrimination among people is haraam,so i ask U whether to obey government who is way away from Qur'an and the most corrupt body or follow Allah i.e to seek knowledge(Surah Al Alaq ch 96 v 1-5),note that private colleges can fill the seats according to their own terms.so in short is donation in private institutions haraam or halaal,because according to my knowledge there is no verse in Qur'an and Hadeeth regarding criteria for admission in colleges.ur views are welcomed!!!!
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 9:04pm
Walaikum assalam wa rahamtullah wa barkatuhu,

When I was a student I felt the stigma of donation system since my parents could not afford this huge sum to get me through college and university - I had to work hard for good grades, that was the only option.

Now that I have moved out of India and have seen education structure in other places as well, I see the Indian system from more perspectives than earlier.

The population of the country is overwhelming. Colleges, universities, professional colleges etc though numerous are still fewer than the number of applications each year. Thus a cut throat competition which opens way to corrupt methods of admissions.

I would say, in Govt. institutions where the system is well established and there is no room for this extra 'donation' fee, its wrong for people to seek and give 'back-door' entries to candidates.
As for private institutions, they need this money for development of the institution as well, since running of the place is not assisted by any govt fund. They either have a huge monthly fee or a big some of admission fee and a relatively reasonable monthly fee. Their survival in the market depends on this system, and the country needs these private institutions to cator the needs of the youth.

what do you think?
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 10:15am
I agree so u mean to say it is not haraam seeking admission in private institutions through donation,because u are strongly Islamic and ur view matters.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic