IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - satan?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

satan?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: satan?
    Posted: 02 February 2013 at 4:23pm
What do muslims believe about satan?

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 11:05pm
Double post

Edited by nothing - 03 February 2013 at 11:33pm
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 11:06pm
What I believe of what is satan is not necessarily what commonly believed by others.

To me the word satan is a title for anything ungodly. On the opposite side angel is a title that given to the godly. I don't believe satans and angels as a specific creations but titles.

That is my view from the day I read the Qur'an.
786SalamKhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 11:24pm
There is more than one devil thus the word 'Shayateen'. Satan himself is called 'Iblis' who is the leader of the devils. He hates mankind and blames them for him being doomed for hell, and wants to take as many humans to hell with him on the last day.
Empiricist View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Empiricist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by 786SalamKhan 786SalamKhan wrote:

There is more than one devil thus the word 'Shayateen'. Satan himself is called 'Iblis' who is the leader of the devils. He hates mankind and blames them for him being doomed for hell, and wants to take as many humans to hell with him on the last day.
How is this achieved?  With evil?  What is evil?  Deception?  Evil disquised as good?  False prophets?  Wolf in sheep clothing?  
786SalamKhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Empiricist Empiricist wrote:

How is this achieved?� With evil?� What is evil?� Deception?� Evil disquised as good?� False prophets?� Wolf in sheep clothing?��

Mainly with temptations on anything that goes against the Seven Laws of Noah.

Edited by 786SalamKhan - 09 February 2013 at 12:16am
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 3:12pm
satan deceives people into worshiping things other than Allah (azza wa jall), like worshiping the pagan trinity for example.
الله
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic