|Active Topics Memberlist Calendar Search Help|
|Register Login Old Forum|
|General Islamic Matter|
|IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : General Islamic Matter|
|Topic: Few questions from a newly converted|
Joined: 02 February 2013
Online Status: Offline
| Topic: Few questions from a newly converted
Posted: 02 February 2013 at 10:19am
I've looked around the internet for answers to these questions, but most of what I found seem to be personal opinions, and I found contradicting opinions on the same subjects. So, please give me some definitive answers, if possible, with cited sources. These questions are really bothering me, and I want some peace of mind.
I have some background behind each question, although some are obvious. If you need to know the background behind any question please ask.
I really need to know the definitive answers to these questions, if possible, in the light of Qur'an and Sunnah. Citing the source behind your answer would help, since that will allow me to look up the source and learn more about that and any other related matters.
Joined: 10 January 2001
Online Status: Offline
|Posted: 04 February 2013 at 3:15am|
Forbidden has a technical sharia countenance connotation. If you mean 'haram' that is how your Qs are answered.
1. yes they are. However if one has tattoos from before reverting, they can leave it alone.
2. Hena is allowed, but other chemical dyes are not.
3. eyebrows and between the eyebrows.
4. Gheebah and Nameemah are haram - it is very serious. In one hadith it is said that it is worse than zina (unlawful intercourse)
5.drums and daff.
6. I dont know
7. string instruments are forbidden
9. No, there is a difference of opinion between scholars on this one. Conscious muslims take the more strict position when there is a difference of opinion on any matter.
10. there are no hudud (sharia prescribed) punishment for criticism in this life. What happens to one in afterlife - Allah knows best.
This is to the best of my knowledge, though I m not a scholar.
Edited by Nausheen - 04 February 2013 at 3:16am
Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa
Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena
wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
|You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Note: The 99 names of Allah avatars are courtesy of www.arthafez.com