IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A question for Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A question for Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A question for Muslims
    Posted: 04 February 2013 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Walaikum assalam TG,

Thanks for inviting, but I have no comments on this.

will wait for your next Q

Its almost midnight here, so goodnight!

Alaikum Salaam, Nausheen. No problem at all.

Tisbah al khaeyr! Smile

Edited by TG12345 - 04 February 2013 at 8:37am
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 7:06am
Walaikum assalam TG,

Thanks for inviting, but I have no comments on this.

will wait for your next Q

Its almost midnight here, so goodnight!
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

When two people fight the way you two are, in India they say as if two birds are hitting eachother with their beaks.

No offense intended but I had a good laugh at your beak-fight!

Salaam Alaikum, Nausheen.

Ohhh I am soo very much offended! If I hear another "fowl" comment like that from you again, I may peck you with my beak! Smile

Just kidding, no offense taken.

If you feel like jumping into this conversation and giving your input to the question I posed, you are more than welcome to.

Glad to hear from you again btw. Have an awesome day.

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 3:50am
When two people fight the way you two are, in India they say as if two birds are hitting eachother with their beaks.

No offense intended but I had a good laugh at your beak-fight!
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

The One True God is Jesus and the Father and the Holy Spirit, like He is both Almighty and All-Merciful

Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Shirk!

Salaam Alaikum, Abu Loren.

No, I am merely stating the reality of who God is.

You are denying Him and what He has done for you.

BTW care to return to the topic we were discussing? I have provided more evidence that people have definitely not been decreasing in height up to the time of Muhammad. Is there anything you can say to disprove that?

Or are you going to continue to ignore obvious historical evidence to the contrary and go on asserting that you believe God told Muhammad something that turned out to be obviously not true?

Originally posted by AbuLoren AbuLoren wrote:

I've already answered your silly question in my first reply on this thread. It's not my fault you have the comprehension skills of a 2 year old (sorry to insult all 2 year olds as they can be quiete intelligent).

No you didn't.

You stated that King Tutankhamun was a teenager when he died, and hence would have probably grown taller. You also told me I can't present data that compares "a few generations", and gave the example of a child, his dad, and grand dad.

I affirmed you may be right about King Tut. I then showed you that the Ancient Egyptians and Roman soldiers whose heights we were examining lived something like 1500 years apart.

I will post my response again. I am making it both italic and bigger so you won't miss it like you obviously did last time.

Unlike king Tutankhamun, Ramses II was not a teenager when he died. He was 5 feet 7 inches tall.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/ramesses2intro.htm

He lived 700 years before Rome was a Republic and almost 1200 years before it became an Empire. Yet he was shorter than the average Roman soldier. The book describing the height of Roman soldiers being 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet was written in the 4th century AD.

Another interesting discovery is that of the Terracota Army- thousands of life sized statues of Chinese soldiers made during the time of Emperor Qin, who lived in the 3rd century BC. The statues of the men range from 5 feet 8 inches to 6 feet 2 inches, with the commanders being 6 feet 3 inches tall.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/ramesses2intro.htm

Ramses II was shorter than them, too. So was his father, Seti I who was 5 feet 7 inches tall.

http://www.reference.com/browse/Seti+I

Nesyamun was an Egyptian pagan priest who lived in 1100 BC. His mummy was 5 feet 6 inches.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/content/articles/2008/08/14/history_nesyamun_feature.shtml

King Thutmose the IIIrd, who lived in the 15th century BC (prior to Tutankhamun, Ramses II, the Roman Army or Nesyamun)... was barely 5 feet tall.

http://ancienthistory.netscype.com/article/thutmose-iii-interesting-facts

Lindow Man, a mummy of a man who lived between 2 BC and 119 AD in Great Britain, was 168 centimetres, or approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall. Yet only 3-4 centuries afterwards, the average height of Roman soldiers ranged from 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet!

And Muhammad claimed people have been getting shorter throughout history up to his time!

You responded by getting mad and telling me I have the comprehension skills of a 2 year old.

In your zeal to show how st**id I am, you misspelled the word quite. It isn't spelled quiete, it's spelled quite. Wink

If you have anything to add to the conversation other than insults, go ahead. You are clearly unable to prove my arguments wrong, and therefore need to resort to your old tactic of using insults.

If that's how you deal with problems, go ahead. Just make sure you spell properly, especially in a sentence when you are mocking someone else's intellectual capabilities. LOL

Allah Akhbar!

Edited by TG12345 - 03 February 2013 at 7:36pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 6:50pm

The One True God is Jesus and the Father and the Holy Spirit, like He is both Almighty and All-Merciful

Shirk!

BTW care to return to the topic we were discussing? I have provided more evidence that people have definitely not been decreasing in height up to the time of Muhammad. Is there anything you can say to disprove that?

Or are you going to continue to ignore obvious historical evidence to the contrary and go on asserting that you believe God told Muhammad something that turned out to be obviously not true?

I've already answered your silly question in my first reply on this thread. It's not my fault you have the comprehension skills of a 2 year old (sorry to insult all 2 year olds as they can be quiete intelligent).
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 6:30am

Shirk!

Edited by TG12345 - 03 February 2013 at 6:31am
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 2:46am

Shirk!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic