IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am curious  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am curious

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am curious
    Posted: 31 January 2013 at 5:39pm
I am curious...

What do muslims make of American prophet Joseph smith?
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 8:11pm
Hi Caringheart,

To me, as a Believer, there is no other prophets after Prophet Muhamamd as stated in the Holy Quran
"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Apostle of God, and the Seal of the Prophets: and God has full knowledge of all things. (The Noble Quran, 33:40)"

Perhaps Joseph Smith was just another religious guy who wanted to be close to God but in the process was overtaken by Shaitaan who manipulated his desire and thus was sidetracked into believing that he was a prophet. There is no end to this kind of people in this world.

Salam.
                                                                                                That is my humble opinion.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

Hi Caringheart,

To me, as a Believer, there is no other prophets after Prophet Muhamamd as stated in the Holy Quran
"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Apostle of God, and the Seal of the Prophets: and God has full knowledge of all things. (The Noble Quran, 33:40)"

Perhaps Joseph Smith was just another religious guy who wanted to be close to God but in the process was overtaken by Shaitaan who manipulated his desire and thus was sidetracked into believing that he was a prophet. There is no end to this kind of people in this world.

Salam.
                                                                                                That is my humble opinion.

I respect your opinion as there are many "religious guys" who would like to be more than they are. Some were really rough on their followers, this doesn't seem to be the case with Mormons. They have a very strict lifestyle to maintain. The NT says, "By their fruits, ye shall know them" A few weird beliefs, but that's common in religion. I couldn't go with them because they didn't drink coffee. Coffee was half my diet in those days.

I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Webber Webber wrote:

I respect your opinion as there are many "religious guys" who would like to be more than they are. Some were really rough on their followers, this doesn't seem to be the case with Mormons. They have a very strict lifestyle to maintain. The NT says, "By their fruits, ye shall know them" A few weird beliefs, but that's common in religion.

As to lifestyle, Muslims have already got their own lifestyle based on the Quran and the Hadiths. And it is appropriate for all mankind and for all times.
Originally posted by Webber Webber wrote:

Coffee was half my diet in those days.

I did'nt know that. And that is wierd indeed!
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I am curious...What do muslims make of American prophet Joseph smith?

nothing
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 4:27pm
Greetings Nur_Ilahi and Mahdi_the_seek,

Are you familiar with Joseph Smith at all?

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 5:33pm
Greetingsto you too Caringheart.

Yes I have read about him.

Not much different from many like him.
786SalamKhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 11:29pm
Probably what you make of him. False.
Joseph Smith claims the Promised land is America!?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic