IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Asia-Pacific
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Secular India, Country No. 1  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Secular India, Country No. 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irshad_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Secular India, Country No. 1
    Posted: 04 October 2005 at 2:30am
I had read sevral posts in this forum and many Muslims are spreading sevral misguided information in this forum about India, I would like to clear all that and tell why I LOVE MY COUNTRY INDIA.

First, of all proof why india is secular and why Indians love Muslims opossed to what is suggested by some int his forum:

1). Indian Prime-Minister Manmohan Singh is a Sikh (a small percentage of Indian population)

2). Indian President is a Muslim.

3). Top three Indian Film Actors are Muslim loved by the whole country (the three Khans of Film Industry)

4). And above all in the recent TV Show 'Fame Gurukul' on SONY TV, Qazi Taukir a Muslim boy from Kashmir is saved 9th time by Public SMS Vote despite being the worst singer from the start of the show (He himself tells he is not a singer and want to be a actor). NOW THAT CLEARLY MEANS INDIAN DOES NOT HATE MUSLIMS.

5) 95% of my VERY GOOD FRIENDS are HINDU, and my best among them can DIE for me and I for them.

However, there are some hardcore hindus and muslims which are the core to the problem in some areas. But those are the ppl who are frustated because of there problems and they take advantage of Religion to coverup their problems, there are some posters in this forum commenting about Poor Roads and facilities in India, I ask them is this a particular problem to Muslims its same for all Indians and what about Pakistan a ISLAMIC Country, they have worst facilities then us, take example of Kashmir compare the Indian part of Kashmir with that of POK , Indian side is much more developed.

Somebody also claimed Muslims don't get chance to study and get good positions/jobs, My friends study depends on you nobody is stopping you to do that, and as far as job its a problem of who deserves their are many Hindus and SC castes claiming the same that they dont get Jobs because of this and that (even after having reservation for backward casts they complain), I am muslim an Gradute in Computers and My father is a Principal and a Central govt. School.

Don't Expect from your country, Give to it.

aslam View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 5:42am

Quote I had read sevral posts in this forum and many Muslims are spreading sevral misguided information in this forum about India, I would like to clear all that and tell why I LOVE MY COUNTRY INDIA.

I don't know.

But I mostly agree with you in the rest of your post. But keep in mind situation can  greatly swing out of control very quickly. Only few years before the Partition, Hindus and Muslims were known to be living in great amity with each other in the state of Punjab. Still, very violent riots occured there at the time of Partition.

Edited by aslam
aslam View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 7:00am

Quote 5) 95% of my VERY GOOD FRIENDS are HINDU, and my best among them can DIE for me and I for them.

Oh, really!!!

Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 7:19am

whyI LOVE MY COUNTRY INDIA.

But how can u love a country, I mean a country is only a piece of land!How can one have love for land?U can love or hate a person, but if u start loving and hating a country, there will be problems:U c, there r both type of people in one piece of land :Good as well as Bad.

See, Im not saying anything against India, I meself am proud to be Indian, but ur examples were'nt good.

1). Indian Prime-Minister Manmohan Singh is a Sikh (a small percentage of Indian population)

Yah but Sonia made em PM, didnt she?And very clever of her, u know.Otherwise BJP would hv been shouting there throat sore against the videshi(foreign) women.

2). Indian President is a Muslim.

Hmmm, what r the powers of president in India?Nearer to none.Perhaps thats why he is the third muslim prez.,not first.Also, he made news when he went to offer Juma prayer bout a yr back......

3). Top three Indian Film Actors are Muslim loved by the whole country (the three Khans of Film Industry)

FILMS?????DID U SAY FILMS?The question is:Are muslim allowed to watch films, forget take part in it?Anyway, u call these three khans to be muslim.Muslim gives me a man with the impression of a pious old man prostrating in Mosque.But these Khans r muslim only by name I think.SALMAN KHAN:Usually in news for newer and newer charge of assault, charges include killing 4 people sleeping in footpath.SHARUKH KHAN:Had married a hindu, children r half hindu half muslim.AAMIR KHAN:Dunno much bout him.

Any way, never had I heard of any one of these three going to mosque, forget Juma prayer.

4). And above all in the recent TV Show 'Fame Gurukul' on SONY TV, Qazi Taukir a Muslim boy from Kashmir is saved 9th time by Public SMS Vote despite being the worst singer from the start of the show (He himself tells he is not a singer and want to be a actor). NOW THAT CLEARLY MEANS INDIAN DOES NOT HATE MUSLIMS.

I believe ur under misconception bro., people vote him because of his GREAT hairstyle and COOL looks.

5) 95% of my VERY GOOD FRIENDS are HINDU, and my best among them can DIE for me and I for them.

Most of my friend are Hindu as well, but they keep abusing doing things which I dont have any heart to write.More or less, there motto is :Life is short and Enjoy ur life.Becoz they dont believe in hereafter they may employ a sitution for there selfish intrest.As aslam here puts it, "situation can  greatly swing out of control very quickly".

ppl who are frustated because of there problems and they take advantage of Religion to coverup their problems,

Truth.

there are some posters in this forum commenting about Poor Roads and facilities in India

Though i hv not seen this post, if it is true, then it is the worst case of narrow mindness one can expect frm muslim.

I ask them is this a particular problem to Muslims its same for all Indians and what about Pakistan a ISLAMIC Country, they have worst facilities then us, take example of Kashmir compare the Indian part of Kashmir with that of POK , Indian side is much more developed.

Who told u pakistan is an islamic country?Pakistan is a democratic country with no trace of sharia rules.And u cant make fun of poorness of a region.It is Allah(swt) who created us in rich or poor place. We r all equal in the eyes of Allah(swt).

Somebody also claimed Muslims don't get chance to study and get good positions/jobs, My friends study depends on you nobody is stopping you to do that, and as far as job its a problem of who deserves their are many Hindus and SC castes claiming the same that they dont get Jobs because of this and that (even after having reservation for backward casts they complain), I am muslim an Gradute in Computers and My father is a Principal and a Central govt. School.

This claim of 'somebody' is also wrong.True enough, poor may find it dificult to study what with high fees and all, but that includes both Hindu and Muslim.

Don't Expect from your country, Give to it.

Or:Don't expect from your country, give income-tax to it".

Rather,"Dont expect from ur country, expect from Allah(swt)".

Thanx,

Dayem.

Edited by Dayem
"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
beloved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beloved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 6:30am
Loved your post Irshad.  It just gives me a sense of love which exists against the sense of hatred which chauvinists want to create.
aslam View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2005 at 11:43pm

Quote Most of my friend are Hindu as well, but they keep abusing doing things which I dont have any heart to write.

Your experience is typical of Muslims living with Hindus (i.e, those who don't live in Muslim locality).

Quote More or less, there motto is :Life is short and Enjoy ur life.Becoz they dont believe in hereafter they may employ a sitution for there selfish intrest.As aslam here puts it, "situation can  greatly swing out of control very quickly".

That is being oversimplistic. During the Civil War in Bosnia, it has been reported that Muslims women were raped by their non-muslim neighbours and that can happen in India, too. Irrespective of whether we deserved to be blamed for it or not, we (Muslims) associate ourselves more strongly to our religion than others; this creates lot of distrust among other non-muslims with whom we live.

The  cause is actually more related to us. That is the price we will have to pay for following our religion.

Aslam.

Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 7:16am

As salam u alaikum wa rah mutullah wabar ka tuhu,

Hey Aslam!I thought u lived in Pakistan?Are u all rite, I mean after the recent Quake?

Any way, ur rite in saying "it has been reported that Muslims women were raped by their non-muslim neighbours and that can happen in India, too", in fact this HAD happened in the recent riot in Gujrat.

was salam,

Dayem.

"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
khalid View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khalid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 10:14pm

Asslaam wa alaikum brother irshad

plz see http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=744& PN=1&TPN=4

May Allah Swt guide us all to the path HE has sent His Noble prophets and last Prophet Mohammed SAW

AAMEEN

WASSALAAM

KHALID

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic