IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BALDING FROM HIJAB??  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BALDING FROM HIJAB??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jlstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BALDING FROM HIJAB??
    Posted: 28 January 2013 at 7:32am
Saalam alakyum Sisters,

I have just started wearing Hijab, and have a few concerns. My hair is naturally thin at the top of my head, despite being thick elsewhere. I have noticed since wearing the Hijab my hair has become somewhat flatter and thinner-looking where the part of the hair is. I wear a cotton undercap and try to keep my scarf somewhat loose, but this problem still happens.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to solve this issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

Jessica
Runaa View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2013 at 8:46am
here is a good answer from yahoo answers, I googled the question and I found it.

hair loss can be caused by many different reasons! Find out the actual cause of hair loss! There are many causes of loss of hair such as stress, poor nutrition ,medications, thyroid dysfunctions, illness, fungal infections ,hormonal problems, to mention a few.

year ago my husband suffered from hair loss too and he started trying everything you can imagine to stop his hair loss. the things that really worked for him was:

1) Vitamin A - an anti-oxidant which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp;

2) Vitamin E stimulates circulation. Good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping hair follicles productive. The 'B' vitamins contribute to melanin, which gives hair its healthy color and also stimulates blood circulation;

3) massage is also beneficial. Massage stimulates circulation. As already noted, good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Experts suggest a few minutes of daily head massage by hand. Circulation through massage may be improved by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base with massage;

4) Try rubbing your scalp with garlic juice, Onion Juice or Ginger Juice(you can either of one out of three, Do not mix any of two or three);

5) also he used herbal treatment - TrichoZed
It is a good product that helps prevent hair loss and it is an FDA approved product. I think it is very important!

It worked and still works for him!

I do not know if any pharmacies carry TrichoZed but I do know that you should purchase it directly from the manufacturer and read more about the product here http://www.trichozed.info/why.php

It enhances hair growth by blocking DHT (Dihydrotestostrone) - a major cause of hair loss!

good luck!
us2inNorway View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote us2inNorway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 12:29pm
Well, all men/boy's will sooner or later start to loose their hair (of course there are some who doesn't, but most will).
My husband is 41, and he has been whining about his hair for some time allready (and i have to admit, it is less than it used to be). So now he cut away all his hair - and problem solved. Ok, he looks like a younger Bruce Willis, but that is not bad either.. Smile

For hijab, and loose of hair, and us woman. I doubt that it has any influence on your hair...
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 3:50am
Originally posted by Jlstorm Jlstorm wrote:

Saalam alakyum Sisters,

I have just started wearing Hijab, and have a few concerns. My hair is naturally thin at the top of my head, despite being thick elsewhere. I have noticed since wearing the Hijab my hair has become somewhat flatter and thinner-looking where the part of the hair is. I wear a cotton undercap and try to keep my scarf somewhat loose, but this problem still happens.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to solve this issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

Jessica

Wa'alaikum salaam Sis,

There could be several reasons for your hair-loss. Stress is one of the things that causes hair-loss. Try and use oils, masks, and other things the sister mentioned above.

Its possible that because your hair gets flattened, you think its thinning. When we wear a hijab or cap, it just flattens the hair. Brushing it or using a hair-dryer on cool air will make it fluffy and give it volume again.

Also, don't wrap your Hijab too tight. A lot of women wear reeeally tight undercaps, I don't know why. Use a light cotton bandana under your hair to prevent your hijab from slipping off. Don't use tight caps. And also, don't wrap it too tight. Tie it a little loosely.

My sister has really nice, long hair and she took up the Hijab a year ago. She has not noticed any hair-thinning at all. Her hair is mashAllah amazing. But then again, she has a nice healthy diet.

I have noticed that stress, diet and the water quality can effect your hair a lot. Try changing those habits and see if they work.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
seeja View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seeja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2013 at 8:50pm

If there are any health issues, are we allowed not wearing hijab? Is there anything like that allow us not to wear hijab?

Islam (Total Surrender, Submission, Obedience, Sincerity and Peace with Allah) is for all people, in all places and in all times
Jlstorm View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jlstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2013 at 5:31am
Thank you Sisters for your advice Thumbs%20Up 
I will be sure to try these methods and see if they work!

But, inchallah ALLAH will keep vanity clear from my thoughts so I can focus on the importance of Hijab.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic