IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Trouble with engagement...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble with engagement...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jlstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble with engagement...
    Posted: 23 January 2013 at 10:08am
Saalam alakyum Sisters,

My fiancee and I have just recently become engaged after three months of dating. I have just recently taken the Shahada and am trying my best to live a halal lifestyle. Prior my reversion we had engaged in pre-marital relations, however we have not done more than kissing since then. I know it is haram to kiss anyone other than your husband, but I find it so hard to stop this.

We don't see eachother much, but each time we do, it's almost overwhelming and I can't control myself. Thankfully,he is Muslim, so he understands my wishes to keep halal and he also makes an effort to refrain from this behavior.
My question is, have any of you had a similar situation such as this, and if so, how did you control these feelings and keep away from intimacy? I'm not sure how long it will be until we are married, and inchallah it won't be too long.

Thank you Sisters! Heart
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:08pm
Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

Welcome to the folds of Islam. May Allah guide you and aid you on the striaght path.

My advise would be to get married as soon as possible. Even if you do not plan to live together right after your nikah, it is still advisable to get done with the formalities so that whenever you see each other you are halal for each other in every manner.

Keep learning about Islam.

Wishing you all happiness in your married life, ameen.
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Jlstorm View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jlstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2013 at 5:33am
Thank you Nausheen, Inchallah we shall be married tomorrow!  

Alhamdulillah!!!

Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic