IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marriage with a Non-Muslim  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marriage with a Non-Muslim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marriage with a Non-Muslim
    Posted: 18 January 2013 at 6:36am
My brother married a christian women 8 years back, has a son who is 1 year old and raised as a Muslim. My brother wants his wife to convert now and start praying and do all duties as a Muslim. His wife now does not want to convert and stay as a christian. I would like to know if my brother must continue his marriage or can divorce her since she is not ready to convert?
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Zoonie Zoonie wrote:

My brother married a christian women 8 years back, has a son who is 1 year old and raised as a Muslim. My brother wants his wife to convert now and start praying and do all duties as a Muslim. His wife now does not want to convert and stay as a christian. I would like to know if my brother must continue his marriage or can divorce her since she is not ready to convert?

Salaam

First of all you cannot force anybody to convert, they must convert on their own accord and for the right reason too. It must be for Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

Muslim men can marry women from the People of the Book either Jews or Christians. If there are no problems in the marriage then I can't see what the fuss is.
fiqhenglish View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiqhenglish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 12:32am
there is no obligation in islam she should be convinced
Muhammadjaved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhammadjaved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 12:39am
Please pray for her. For, only Allah gives the guidance to whom He likes. There is no compulsion in Islam. If she does not accept Islam, it is her choice.
But I hope, if your family continues treating her well, she will hopefully accept Islam one day.

M J Iqbal

Edited by Muhammadjaved - 05 February 2013 at 12:40am
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Zoonie Zoonie wrote:

Therefore his wife has view that Islam is not better than what she has now, for her change is not necessary. A person can only buy a product once the salesman manage to convince him/her that the product he is selling is superior product worthy to own than the old product.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic