IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question for Ramadan?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question for Ramadan?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for Ramadan?
    Posted: 03 October 2005 at 11:27am

Okay, in my own religion we fast the first weekend of every month and as a diabetic I have found that I can only reduce the amount of food I eat, but I cannot completely go without food and water. 

Is it permissable for a muslim to eat small things during the day in Ramadan if they are diabetic? 

Thanks for your patience.

Angela

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 12:06pm

Hi Angela,

To my knowledge, a Muslim cannot eat or drink anything what so ever when fasting.  However, if one cannot fast because of a valid medical reason, one can pay for the food of a hungry person for each day they cannot fast instead (or give actual food rather than money).  Allah makes His religion easy for us! 

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 2:45pm

Thank you Ummziba. 

mankind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mankind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 5:07pm
hey, glad you asked that question..
in islam well the way i see it(am not saying other ppl are wrong)..but logically too..if you r sick your God knows that..ur sick..if u r ur not suppose to be fasting God wouldnt like that becuz ur hurting ur self.this goes to pregnant women too..(but they pay up wen they can).so i suggest that u take care of ur health n pray to God.."God Won't Force You"..
hafezabutaleb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafezabutaleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 1:53am
ummziba May Allah Bless and Keep You
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic