IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Famous Quotes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - not famous, but good  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

not famous, but good

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 2:29pm
"set thy heart upon thy work, but never upon its reward"
- Hindu teaching

Edited by Caringheart - 17 March 2013 at 12:50pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2013 at 12:48pm
"Many that live deserve death.  And some that die deserve life.  Can you give it to them?  Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.  For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Edited by Caringheart - 17 March 2013 at 12:51pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2013 at 3:47pm
Do not want what is beyond your reach.
Do not want what is beyond your need

Invented by me (I think). Big%20smile

Edited by nothing - 25 March 2013 at 3:48pm
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2013 at 7:58pm
"It's never to late for a leopard to change horses in mid-stream."

- "CJ", CEO of 'Sunshine Desserts' in The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin by David Nobbs.
natgarrett View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natgarrett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2013 at 4:40am
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

-Albert Einstein
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 8:01pm

10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

11 If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause:

13 We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil:

14 Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse:

15 My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path  Proverbs 1

Should be famous.

Edited by Caringheart - 07 April 2013 at 8:03pm
Blessed be God forever
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2013 at 8:32pm
�You are either my brother in faith, or my equal in humanity.� 
Blessed be God forever
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2014 at 7:41pm

"Men since the beginning of time have sought peace. Various methods through the ages have been attempted to devise an international process to prevent or settle disputes between nations. From the very start workable methods were found in so far as individual citizens were concerned, but the mechanics of an instrumentality of larger international scope have never been successful. Military alliances, balances of power, Leagues of Nations, all in turn failed, leaving the only path to be 'by way of the crucible of war. The utter destructiveness of war now blocks out, this alternative. We have had our last chance. If we will not devise some greater and more equitable system, Armageddon will be at our door. The problem basically is theological and involves a spiritual recrudescence and improvement of human character that will synchronize with our almost matchless advances in science, art, literature and all the material and cultural developments of the past 2000 years. It must be of the spirit if we are to save the flesh. "

� General MacCarthur �
Second Day of September, 1945, just following the surrender of the Japanese nation on the Battleship Missouri

Edited by Caringheart - 04 November 2014 at 7:43pm
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic