IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ancient philosophy and religous origin  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ancient philosophy and religous origin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2014 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

Hello Caringheart

Are you a Parsi? Do you believe in the divine origin of Islam?

Greetings The Saint,

No I am not a Parsi.  I just find the crossovers among all the ancient religions fascinating and important. Smile

asalaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2014 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Hello Caringheart

Are you a Parsi? Do you believe in the divine origin of Islam?
Greetings The Saint,No I am not a Parsi.� I just find the crossovers among all the ancient religions fascinating and important. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Smile" />asalaam,Caringheart

In that case, you should be very careful of what you post. You must always double-check your facts.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 12:13am
The followers of the God of Abraham never built any ka'aba... this was a thing of the polytheists. 
Wherever Abraham went he built altars to God... stone pilings.
The Israelites built the 'Temple of God' where 'God dwelt with them'... where the Ark of the Covenant was housed.
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 2:18am
The followers of the God of Abraham never built any ka'aba... this was a thing of the polytheists.

What polytheistic practices are seen at the Kaaba, today?

Indeed, at the time of Muhammad PBUH polytheists had taken over the Kaaba. But by the grace of Allah SWT Muhammad PBUH restored its sanctity by ridding it of all stone idols and established the in violable Oneness of Allah.

So? By the order of Allah Almighty he built a brick and mortar square that would make all the faithful face it when they pray, wherever they happen to be on the globe.Something never done on earth before. And still unique to Islam.

The Israelites built the 'Temple of God' where 'God dwelt with them'... where the Ark of the Covenant was housed.

Allah SWT never dwelt with anyone. He is formless and He is far and above His creations.

Edited by The Saint - 20 February 2015 at 2:20am
lindseynicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindseynicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 3:00am
Philosophy of religion is concerned with the philosophical appraisal of human religious attitude and of the real or imaginary objects of those attitudes, God or the Gods. The philosophy of religion is the undivided part of the philosophy as such concerned with the central issues of the nature and extent of human knowledge. 
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 11:50am

What polytheistic practices are seen at the Kaaba, today?

Greetings The Saint,

None.  Muhammad had the ka'aba re-purposed to fit his religion.

Indeed, at the time of Muhammad PBUH polytheists had taken over the Kaaba. But by the grace of Allah SWT Muhammad PBUH restored its sanctity by ridding it of all stone idols and established the in violable Oneness of Allah.

I think it goes without saying, that the polytheists were the ones that built the ka'aba.
The dwelling place of the One God of Abraham has always been in Jerusalem.

So? By the order of Allah Almighty he built a brick and mortar square that would make all the faithful face it when they pray, wherever they happen to be on the globe.Something never done on earth before. And still unique to Islam.

Do you know that when the muslims pray to the ka'aba, they turn their backs to the dwelling place of the God of Abraham? ... turn their backs on the God they think they worship?

Allah SWT never dwelt with anyone. He is formless and He is far and above His creations.

Ah... now I understand.  You are perhaps unaware of the way in which God manifested at the temple in Jerusalem, and within the Ark of the Covenant?

Sorry to be so short... I am pressed for time, but saw your reply and wanted to respond.

asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2015 at 4:14am
Greetings The Saint,

None. Muhammad had the ka'aba re-purposed to fit his religion.

I think, cleansed is the word you are looking for.

I think it goes without saying, that the polytheists were the ones that built the ka'aba.

No, Ibrahim AS and His first son Ismail AS built it at the command of Allah SWT. The Quran confirms the fact.

The dwelling place of the One God of Abraham has always been in Jerusalem.

Dwelling? Please clarify in what sense do use the word? Allah SWT is not a physical entity as we know physical entities.

Do you know that when the muslims pray to the ka'aba, they turn their backs to the dwelling place of the God of Abraham? ... turn their backs on the God they think they worship?

Muslims do not think so, you do. Because Muslims do not believe Allah SWT lives on this puny earth.

Ah... now I understand. You are perhaps unaware of the way in which God manifested at the temple in Jerusalem, and within the Ark of the Covenant?

I am aware of the nature of God, as He describes it in the Quran. And I know that He is all knowing but not omnipresent. He does show His signs but He does not manifest Himself. The mountain where Allah SWT gave an audience to Musa AS burnt down because it was subjected to a flash of a manifestation. But it was only to convince Musa AS that mortals cannot behold the divine. Men cannot bear a divine manifestation.

Sorry to be so short... I am pressed for time, but saw your reply and wanted to respond.

asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart

Peace
The Saint
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2015 at 4:16am
No follower built it. Ibrahim AS and His son Ismail built it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic