IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Whats correct decision?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats correct decision?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats correct decision?
    Posted: 24 December 2012 at 7:44am
I am married since last 2 yrs. My husband is the only son with 3 married elder sisters who keep interfering & visiting regularly at my place.My father in law is ill. My mother in law abuses & expects me to do all the household chores, cook thrice a day & be ready for everyones service all the time. I am a working women. she doesn't give me importance in any thing.She keeps on taunting along with her daughters. they humiliated me right after 3 mnths of marraige. I've tried my best to win their hearts but regular interference puts all my efforts in vain. I had a fight with them and i was told to leave the house and all of them told us to stay seperately. but after all arrangements my husban backed out bcoz of their emotional drama. I am staying at my moms place for more than a month now. My husband is not ready to seperate and wants me to cum in that house again. What should i do ?
I dont want to live in that house again as i am vvv frustrated staying there due to behaviour of everyone towards me. I feel i am a servant in their house. I got no life of my own, no own space,no freedom.Plz help me.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 6:13am
A husband is responsible for all needs of his wife, including mental peace.

Your needs are his duty and for him to provide with kindness.

Try to explain to your husband how mentally disturbing is the behavior of his family and that you are not asking to cut cords, rather to build a prosperous home for yourself and him which is free of unwanted interferences.

Persuade him with patience

Edited by Nausheen - 09 January 2013 at 6:14am
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
XTREME View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XTREME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 6:54am
Originally posted by dreams dreams wrote:

I am married since last 2 yrs. My husband is the only son with 3 married elder sisters who keep interfering & visiting regularly at my place.My father in law is ill. My mother in law abuses & expects me to do all the household chores, cook thrice a day & be ready for everyones service all the time. I am a working women. she doesn't give me importance in any thing.She keeps on taunting along with her daughters. they humiliated me right after 3 mnths of marraige. I've tried my best to win their hearts but regular interference puts all my efforts in vain. I had a fight with them and i was told to leave the house and all of them told us to stay seperately. but after all arrangements my husban backed out bcoz of their emotional drama. I am staying at my moms place for more than a month now. My husband is not ready to seperate and wants me to cum in that house again. What should i do ?
I dont want to live in that house again as i am vvv frustrated staying there due to behaviour of everyone towards me. I feel i am a servant in their house. I got no life of my own, no own space,no freedom.Plz help me.

Walaikum Assalam sister!

May Allah give them hidayah and protect your eman. Insha Allah there would be some way out. I pray for your better future family-life. Contact my Sheikh, Muhammad Ajmal

+92 315 5136887
+92 300 5136887
[email protected]

He is a pious person masha Allah just tell him your situation, he would pray for you and all of your problems would be solved.

jazak Allah
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

A husband is responsible for all needs of his wife, including mental peace.

"......including mental peace."   Wow! Now that's a tall order.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 8:36pm
Does your husband pay heed to religious advise? I remember watching a lecture by Mufti Ismail Menk in which he beautifully dealt with in-law problems. He strongly advised men to give their wives space from their in-laws. I will try to find that lecture for you inshAllah.

https://twitter.com/muftimenk/status/254455754537435138

Edited by Chrysalis - 27 January 2013 at 8:38pm
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 1:48am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsqHqFN4Wk8
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic