IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Happy Christmas to you  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Christmas to you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Christmas to you
    Posted: 23 December 2012 at 2:27am
To the Christians who celebrate Christmas in 2 days time I wish you and your family and friends a happy Christmas. I hope you utilize the time to sit and meet friends and families.

Salaamu Alaikum.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2012 at 6:40am
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

To the Christians who celebrate Christmas in 2 days time I wish you and your family and friends a happy Christmas. I hope you utilize the time to sit and meet friends and families.

Salaamu Alaikum.

Salaam Alaikum, nothing.

Thank you so much for your best wishes. My wife and I will be definitely spending time with our families and friends, and be worshiping God and thanking Him for the great thing He did for us through His Son Jesus Christ.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2012 at 7:57am

Salaamu Alaikum.

By wishing 'Happy Christmas' to the Christians you are confirming that Jesus (pbuh) was born on December 25th and all the pagan rituals that go along with it.
Placid View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2012 at 12:53pm
Hi Nothing,

And a Merry Christmas to you.

I had written this Christmas poem many years ago for a Christmas Eve Service, and I thought if someone sent Christmas greetings, I would add it on.
--- I hope you don�t mind, and on this interfaith forum, there may be many who greet relatives and friends at Christmas time.

Memories --- On Christmas Eve.

�T�was the night before Christmas when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse,
The Children were nestled all snug in their beds while visions of sugar plums danced in their heads.�

--- As I began thinking of all that goes on, around Christmas, the time we have looked for so long
Of the brightly decked stores, which after today, would pack up their Christmas and store it away.
The lights though would glitter until the New Year, a symbol of Christmas, of joy and �Good Cheer.�
Now the greetings are over, the Carols all gone, the Concerts, the Parties, --- just memories live on ---.

But then Christmas Day, --- we�ve a-waited so long, when the joy of that morning is �happy as song.�
When we wake to the patter of anxious wee feet as they head to the room where the tree stands so neat,
With its boughs well adorned with tinsel and light, no end to the sparkle of icicles bright.
And then to the bedroom these little feet run, to wake Mom and Dad to join in the fun.

With eager excitement we all make our way, to the tree, and the gifts we can open today.
Yes, I thought of the joy that this morning brings, and of Christmas dinner, of friends, and �good things.�
I looked out the window and into the night, the mood rode in splendor, the stars shone so bright.
Then my thoughts turned to something far, far away that�s remembered so widely on this Special day.

Which one of those stars that are shining so bright, guided the Wisemen that first Christmas night,
On the long journey that took them to see, the little boy Jesus, the Savior to be.
--- Oh yes, and the Message the angels did bring, to the shepherds, proclaiming that Jesus the King,
Was born in a manger there in Bethlehem, to bring �Peace on Earth� --- �Good Will� to all men.

Of Joseph, and Mary, and Jesus who lay in that little stable mid cattle and hay
Oh how humbly He came from His Heavenly throne, to seek us, to save us, to make us His own.
And I said, �Thank you Lord, for this vision so clear, of that first Christmas scene in the wonderful year
When You looked down to earth from your throne up above, and sent us Your Son as a token of Love,

That all those in darkness may see the great light, that the lame would be healed, that the wrong be made right.
--- For all those who trust Him, God�s children can be, this promise still holds for you and for me.
Then my thoights changed to the scene of the cross, where it seemed this same Jesus had suffered such loss
At the hands of the ones that He came to save, but they treated Him only to �death� and the �grave.�

But then Easter Sunday, we celebrate too, because this same Jesus had done something �new.�
He rose from the grave that all men might see --- by His power and His Spirit He can set people free.
--- Yes, from Christmas to Easter was the way Jesus went. He came for this purpose. From God He was sent.
And again I gave thanks to our Father above. WHO GAVE JESUS FOR CHRISTMAS, --- HIS GREAT GIFT OF LOVE.

Placid

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2012 at 12:58pm
Thanks nothing.  Much appreciated.  Smile
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2012 at 6:34am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Salaamu Alaikum.

By wishing 'Happy Christmas' to the Christians you are confirming that Jesus (pbuh) was born on December 25th and all the pagan rituals that go along with it.

Salaam Alaikum, Abu Loren. I don't believe Muhammad was God's messenger or in a lot of what the Quran says, but out of courtesy and respect to my Muslim friends I wish them a Blessed Ramadan anyways. Saying "Ramadan Mubarak" to Muslims on my part does not mean mean that I am confirming your religion. 

Edited by TG12345 - 24 December 2012 at 1:30pm
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2012 at 2:46pm
Hello Placid,
Loved your poem.
May you be blessed by the peace and good tidings of Christmas,
Caringheart

~ tidings of comfort and joy ~
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2012 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Bro, even the Pope acknowledges that the dating was wrong. Christmas is just a birthday celebration in which the muslims copied - into maulid. I myself don't do birthday, I do it for the children though, but they all love it because the presents, nothing else.

My grandfather died before I was born, and I know much about him through my father in his eagerness to tell me - many times over -as what the man he was. Maybe he was good maybe he was bad I would never know for sure and it's not important. I listened because my father told me the story.

Edited by nothing - 25 December 2012 at 3:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic