IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hi guys  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi guys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StopS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi guys
    Posted: 18 December 2012 at 10:04am
Living in different countries during the last decades I am interested in understanding what Muslims think, believe and why they believe what they believe. I am passionate about the truth, which is why I sometimes come off as arrogant and harsh, when confronted with fabrication and projection.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2012 at 7:59am

Hello,
Greetings!

Welcome to the forum. May this place meet your beneficial objectives.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
StopS View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StopS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2012 at 2:26pm
Thank you for the kind words and welcome.
janesi87 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janesi87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2012 at 5:57am
Hello, guys. Iam newbie, too. Iam interested in the Islam because i study about it in World history classes. Iam also interested in it and want to understand more about it
StopS View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StopS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2012 at 4:16pm
Good luck in your research.

You will not find much history in Islam itself. The texts only started appearing some 250 or 300 years after the start of Islam. So there is little historical evidence for the time and location of the initial process. But using all the resources of the 21st century will give you a good idea what heppened when and with whom.
5purplemarbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5purplemarbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2012 at 5:16pm
Welcome StopS and janesi87

Welcome to our forum, where we are here with open hearts and minds to all that come here to help all people feel comfortable to ask questions and learn.

With so much technology at our disposal there is so much that can be learned, i just want to advise you to please go to reputable sources.  And feel free to ask anything you wish here.  We all respect each other, opinions of non-muslims, scholars and any one alike who come here.

Islam is a peaceable religion, and honestly only want to help others, to be of benefit in this life to teach and to care for all people.  Our deen is very important to us and everything we do daily. 

So you have found the right place to dig and learn more of Islam, and i personally welcome you, and ask me anything you like.

Salaam
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2012 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by StopS StopS wrote:

Living in different countries during the last decades I am interested in understanding what Muslims think, believe and why they believe what they believe. I am passionate about the truth, which is why I sometimes come off as arrogant and harsh, when confronted with fabrication and projection.

Salaam Alaikum, welcome to the forum. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic