IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - common mistakes committed by Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

common mistakes committed by Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: common mistakes committed by Muslims
    Posted: 18 December 2012 at 9:25am
Assalamalecum WA rehmatullahi WA barakhatahu.as Christmas is approaching  many Muslims are planning to make their christian friends happy,but for your information even to wish Merry Christmas is haraam,it is a type of shirk because when a person speaks these words he is giving shahadah that Allah has given birth to begotten son on 25th December,which is a biggest abusive word to Allah,hence we should avoid those words on our tongue.ur friends might b upset with U but for every Muslim only Allah is important.in addition especially for those Muslims like me who are surrounded by Hindus saying namaste is also haraam because it means to bow down in front of a person and Muslims only bow down in front of Allah,plus we should not consume commodities like Prasad etc,as it is mentioned in Surah Al Baqarah ch 2 v 173,Surah Al Maidah Ch 5 v 3,Surah Al Anam ch 6 v 145 that avoid consuming dead flesh,blood and those foods in which names of Allah is not written eg consuming jhatka flesh or so called prasads from idol worshipping is totally haraam.Allahfiz

Edited by NABA - 18 December 2012 at 9:32am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 11:51am
I feel moved to share a bit more on this.

namaste
�may the light within me honor the light within you�

The gesture Namaste represents the belief that there is a Divine spark within each of us that is located in the heart chakra. The gesture is an acknowledgment of the soul in one by the soul in another

While it does mean, 'I bow to you', it means more...
It is a form of greeting...

Personally I like this very much as a way of acknowledging the other person as also a creation of God

There is another expression I am familiar with
ohm na ma shi va na
"I honor the divinity that resides within me"

If we believe God creates us, then we may also believe that He also places His Spirit within each of us at creation... or our soul.

So, for me, in actuality it is God whom we are acknowledging in the 'bow'... as the light that resides within each one of us.

There is an old native american indian tale that a grandfather tells to his grandchild, I've shared it at the end of this post.

we either feed the good that resides within us, or we feed the evil...
it is the one which we feed that will prevail

Two Wolves - A Cherokee Parable

An old Cherokee chief was teaching his grandson about life...

"A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.
"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.

"One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, self-doubt, and ego.

"The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.

"This same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather,
"Which wolf will win?"

The old chief simply replied,
"The one you feed."

Author Unknown

Edited by Caringheart - 18 December 2012 at 12:00pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 1:11pm
I respect your view,I am a medical student and we are taught in a subject called psm about primordial prevention that implement those measures to remove the roots of a disease.so U R right about concept of namaste but y R U giving a chance to Allah to have a point against U on judgment day,in addition if I say namaste I am doing shirk which is a biggest sin as mentioned in Surah Al Nisa ch 4 v 116,that Allah if wants can forgive all our sins accept shirk.this is my point of view.Allahfiz
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 5:04pm
Greetings NABA,
I respect your view also. Smile
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 8:21pm
Assalamualiakum NABA,

I know that shirk is the worst sin in islam. I also know that shirk means associating partners with Allah.

At the same time I know there are several things people are paranoid about calling it shirk - understand that prasad is an offering to a deity besides Allah, thus haram.

Can you please explain how wishing 'merry christmas' amounts to shirk.

Would you say that wishing Happy Diwaly or Happy holi will also be shirk.
What about janmashtami? Not sure if anyone would wish janmashtami to anyone and if so how ... would you please explain.

jazak Allahu khair
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 9:18pm
Saying "Merry Christmas" is not the same as "...giving shahadah that Allah has given birth to begotten son on 25th December..." and it is not code for Shirk...
Respectfully
aka2x2
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2012 at 12:04am
Originally posted by aka2x2 aka2x2 wrote:

Saying "Merry Christmas" is not the same as "...giving shahadah that Allah has given birth to begotten son on 25th December..." and it is not code for Shirk...

Thanx. Even I thought its another shirk-paranoia.

Two words: Haram and shirk always make me wonder where they are originating from.
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2012 at 7:19am
Walecum As Salam,look if you had read Qur'an carefully it is clearly mentioned in Surah Al Nisa ch 4 v 157 and v 158 that hazrat Isa(pbuh) was not crucified,he was raised up alive by Allah,this is the biggest difference in the belief of Muslims and christians,so how could one Muslim deny this fact by wishing Merry Christmas,moreover Surah Al Mariyam ch 19 v 88 states that christians had said That Allah has given birth to begotten son,which Allah mentioned,it is the biggest abusive word to him,so if U believe in Allah how could U abuse your creator in addition wishing happy diwali is not shirk because U have to observe the meaning of those words diwali means festival of lights,so wishing diwali doesn't mean that I believe in ram,if U say merry Christmas U R directly going against Qur'an as I quoted from the verse above.if U say namaste means U R bowing down in front of the person.so U have to observe the meaning of those words,it is not easy doing dawah(giving message of Islam to non Muslims)in India because it is a very sensitive place,hence for their momentary pleasure just say congratulations to them instead of happy diwali,because this is the thing I do,yet MashAllah most non Muslims believe in me even more than their relatives.i say congratulations not happy janmashthami,happy holy etc.Allahfiz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic