IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The concept of God's face in Christianity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The concept of God's face in Christianity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The concept of God's face in Christianity
    Posted: 16 December 2012 at 11:36pm
Hello Christians,

I would like to know from you what it means to 'seek' God's face in your religion.

Would you please indicate your faith about afterlife as well, ie do you believe in heaven and hell, heaven alone, no hell, Judgement day etc.

Thank you
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2012 at 3:15am
Assalamu alaikum.

You will never get an answer from them for such qualities and characteristics of Allah was never in their Revelation. However I will ask a Rabbi if there is something close to Qur'an 7:143 from their sages.

Friendship.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2012 at 4:58am
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Hello Christians,

I would like to know from you what it means to 'seek' God's face in your religion.

Would you please indicate your faith about afterlife as well, ie do you believe in heaven and hell, heaven alone, no hell, Judgement day etc.

Thank you

Salaam Alaikum, Nausheen. Thank you for your question.

Seeking to know God's face would to me mean seeking to know more about Him and to line up my life according to His will.

I believe in heaven and hell. I believe that those who believe in Jesus will go to heaven, those who reject Him will go to hell. Belief is manifested in works, therefore although we are saved by faith, without works faith is dead.

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. 9Not by works, lest any man should boast.

James 2:14 "
What use is it, my brethren, if a man says he has faith, but he has no works? Can that faith save him?"

On Judgement Day, we will be judged by Jesus.

2 Corinthians 5:10
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Matthew 16:27
27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father�s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

Afwan Smile
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2012 at 10:05pm
Matthew 7:23

21Not every one that said to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 11:41am
Greetings Nausheen,

Pretty much what TG12345 said;
"Seeking to know God's face would to me mean seeking to know more about Him and to line up my life according to His will."
I may add more later.  Smile

Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 19 December 2012 at 11:43am
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

Matthew 7:23

21Not every one that said to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Very true. People who follow Christ's teachings are following the Father, because along with the Father and Holy Spirit Jesus is God. Jesus made it very clear that He wants His disciples to believe in Him, to pray, to fast, to preach the Gospel and most importantly to love the poor and work for justice. Prophecy, casting out demons and great works are all good and they are signs that accompanied the believers in the early church, but if a person does not do the things Jesus commanded His followers to do, he or she is not following Jesus.

While on earth, Jesus was both man and God, as man He did not know when the last day will be.

Allahma3k.

Edited by TG12345 - 19 December 2012 at 5:53pm
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2012 at 12:39pm
TG12345,
you wrote: "While on earth, Jesus was both man and God, as man He did not know when the last day will be."

From where did you get that line, because nowhere in the Bible did Jesus claimed that "I am man and I am also God at the same time". It would have been clarified very clearly as such a thing had never happened in the entire time before him. Nowhere in the OT there is any indication that the Messiah will also be God.
So stop fooling yourself by repeating words of other like a parrot rather think logically and factually. There is no claim by Jesus in the whole present day Bible, OT or the NT where Jesus is said to be God or like you put it, "he is man and God". Get yourself out of the Pagan idea that God comes in form of humans or other creatures on earth. God is above all of that, pure, one and only.
Jesus is quoted to have said in the NT: "...to my God, and your God." If you speak the truth it would say, "I am returning to God and I am returning to myself"
Silly will it sound, silly it is.

You also contradict yourself without realizing when you say he was man and he was God at the same time. So if he did not know as a man when that day will be, according to you he was also God, was his God side sleeping at that time to tell him when it will be?
See it get sillier as you continue this silly notion of yours that he was man and he was god a the same time.
Take sime time, and really think about it my friend, and stop repeating what others put in your head without any explanation or sense.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 30 December 2012 at 12:47pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2012 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

TG12345,
you wrote: "While on earth, Jesus was both man and God, as man He did not know when the last day will be."

From where did you get that line, because nowhere in the Bible did Jesus claimed that "I am man and I am also God at the same time". It would have been clarified very clearly as such a thing had never happened in the entire time before him. Nowhere in the OT there is any indication that the Messiah will also be God.
So stop fooling yourself by repeating words of other like a parrot rather think logically and factually. There is no claim by Jesus in the whole present day Bible, OT or the NT where Jesus is said to be God or like you put it, "he is man and God". Get yourself out of the Pagan idea that God comes in form of humans or other creatures on earth. God is above all of that, pure, one and only.
Jesus is quoted to have said in the NT: "...to my God, and your God." If you speak the truth it would say, "I am returning to God and I am returning to myself"
Silly will it sound, silly it is.

You also contradict yourself without realizing when you say he was man and he was God at the same time. So if he did not know as a man when that day will be, according to you he was also God, was his God side sleeping at that time to tell him when it will be?
See it get sillier as you continue this silly notion of yours that he was man and he was god a the same time.
Take sime time, and really think about it my friend, and stop repeating what others put in your head without any explanation or sense.

Hasan

Hear! Hear! Well said brother. All human beings are given intelligence and logic for a reason. I just wish some people use theirs, instead of just mindlessly repeating what others have told them.

Here's another joke, in an Christian forum there was talk of Jesus (pbuh) being 100% man and 100% god, go figure that one out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic