IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Golden Rule - Confucious  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Golden Rule - Confucious

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Golden Rule - Confucious
    Posted: 05 December 2012 at 7:17pm
Do Muslims share belief in 'the golden rule'?

'Do not do unto others as you would not wish to have done unto you'

[this is a paraphrase I heard on a program that I watched today, Asian and Abrahamic religion; a divine meeting in America]

So I looked it up;
The Golden Rule - Confucious
�Do not impose on others what you do not wish for yourself.�

This was one of the guiding principles of life that Confucius taught his followers, five centuries before Jesus taught the Golden Rule with similar words.

His principles of fair government influenced the very writers and thinkers who, thousands of years later would develop the democratic ideals of government.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 5:04pm
I just watched the program, Asian and Abrahamic religion; a divine meeting in America again, and would like to suggest it as highly beneficial for all to watch.  It aired on PBS so it may be possible to view online at pbs.org.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic