IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Essence in seeking correct knowledge  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Essence in seeking correct knowledge - Event Date: 26 November 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 2:38am
Friendship, around 1978 when I was 16 years old I heard about the calendar issue the first time, because most historians had gathered enough evidence to determine that Jesus was born several years before year 1. Only very few Christians I knew were upset about it and for good reason. There is far less hard data about Jesus compared to Muhammad. As I child I learned that Jesus was born in the year 7 BCE. We also talked about the missing leap year until the Gregorian calendar was introduced in 1582 CE replacing the Julian calendar. People in 1582 missed all days from the 5th to 14th October, as 15 October 1582 was immediately following Julian Thursday, 4 October 1582.

So, are the Christians going to disagree with the research of Pope Benedict?

No, but many will complain why it took the Pope so long. This is old research. The Vatican is a very slow organization. As one reader put it: "The Church has long recognized the miscalculation, but exactly how many years since the birth of Christ doesn't really matter � it's a convenient numbering system, not a doctrine." I agree.

Edited by Matt Browne - 30 November 2012 at 2:40am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 1:17pm
Assaalamu alikum Naushee.

You said: You have been suggesting muslims to follow every other book before the quran and fail to explain why.
Response:
For the first 13 years in Makka what was the revelation about? Was there a revelation before Muhammad where one is allowed to worship one other than Allah? Was there a lesson from that community the punishment on the one who worships one other than Allah? That example is also in the revelation of Muhammad. Muslims today have forgotten that dialogue between Muhammad and the Abdullah ibn Saba the Jew before he turned to Muhammad. Was weight and measure not first revealed to Shuaib. Please understand what it is to be a follower of Muhammad and the difference between Iman and the Sunna of Muhammad. Previous revelation tells about Iman. Even the Torah never mentioned how Moses prayed. So, I am not saying that you follow the Sunna of the previous prophets. Read about the battle of Ai and compare it with that of the battle of Uhud.
You said: You told me to learn adab from the jewish women, and to read the torah before focusing on the Quran.
Response: So you do not know the story of the wife of Moses? The Torah is not  adulterated as the Injeel and I find much of it in the Qur'an. You read the commentary of A.Y. Ali. What was his style? Probably you do not read the commentary of Reverend Matthew Henry on the whole  Bible. 
You said: In another instance you said the hadith is more important than the quran.
Response: If the hadith is not so, then why must we abide by the explanation and  actions of the holy apostle? Do you not know the verses explaining that?
You said: In yet another post your comment is that torah is enough to render the world safe.
Response: Yes. What is the position of 1 Kings 12:22?

You said: you find my comment about following Maudidi as outrageous, but it is you who quoted him. One does not quote people who he does not regard as authentic.
Response: But you asked if I am his follower. Is one supposed to follow someone other than Muhammad? Please read carefully Qur'an. You have fallen into the trap of translating Qur'an according to Greek and Latin.  I quoted him because most Muslims do not believe in what one says without quoting someone. This is against the Sunna. Yes, I like Maududis commentary because it is the best book in English language. It agrees with Arabic commentaries. I did not quote commentators in Arabic for example Zamakhshari, Shankiti, Shatibi, Shawkani.
You said: Have not read any evidence coming from you about arafat not being on the 9th. Nor has there been another date for the event with appropriate evidencs. Please note, reference to a book available on amazon dot com is not an evidence.
Response:
What do you mean? If you are given a reference in Amazon, are you not suppose to buy the book? If you want to be convinced then buy the book and read on the Sunna of the holy apostle. I have not come across a book written in English outlining the Sunna of Muhammad in prayers better than in that book. You never loose if you buy a book written based on research.

Friendship.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic