IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1967 Borders (Palestine)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1967 Borders (Palestine)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 3:56pm
Greetings Hasan,

I am guessing you mean this question
"Tell me in history who has set the best example after conquering a land, with its people and their rights, with the land itself: Jews?, Christians? or Muslims?"
My answer would be "None".  I don't think it is about religion but about leaders.  Leaders were fair in helping Germany to rebuild after WWII was settled.  Of course no one was trying to conquer and take Germany, only to defeat its aggression.  Just as I feel no one is trying to take Gaza from the people there, but only to defeat the aggression.  Fortunately today most nations, people, and leaders, have progressed beyond conquesting of other lands, and are more concerned with building relations with other lands, that are beneficial to their own economies.

If Muslims were to become the rulers in Palestine and peace and free treatment for all people wanting to live there reigned, yes, why would I not be in support of that.  If a democracy could be established much like what the U.S. has, where all people are given equal rights and treatment and freedom of choice... who could object.  Can that, or would that, ever happen?  I understand that those living in Israel, Muslim, Christian, and Jew alike are gratified by their lives there... that Israel is a democracy that treats its citizens equally.  That is not to say that there may be individual prejudices among the people themselves, but there are programs in place in Israel even to combat that, and it is my understanding that if one just visits Israel they can sees the good in it for all people.  Most non-muslims do not feel that can count on this kind of equal treatment by the ruling powers if those powers were to be Muslim.

and once again, I have failed in being brief...

Salaam,
CH

I think the world does well to learn from Israel... the good things that she offers... and stop focusing on defeating her.

Edited by Caringheart - 27 November 2012 at 4:01pm
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 1:55pm
Caringheart,
perfection we will only find in Paradise, and for that reason I did not use the word "perfect" I said, "the best" because people will be people, and of course in history.
So please read again, who has set the best example in history?
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Blake Blake wrote:

Men are concerned with land ... and borders. God is concerned with the borders inside your heart. You really think in your heart that the God who created the universe and everything in it is concerned about a line drawn in the sand, that will make you happy?

men are concerned about conquering each other ... because they think small.
Go ahead.... see how well it has worked for everyone so far the last few thousand years.

Excellent post, Blake. Humans need to think big to solve the Middle East conflict. Michael Lerner is someone who thinks big and he wrote down his thoughts:

http://www.amazon.com/Embracing-Israel-Palestine-Strategy-Transform/dp/1583943072

"A major modern conundrum is how the Arab/Israel conflict remains unresolved and, seemingly, unresolvable. In this inspirational book, Rabbi Michael Lerner suggests that a change in consciousness is crucial. With clarity and honesty, he examines how the mutual demonization and discounting of each sides� legitimate needs drive the debate, and he points to new ways of thinking that can lead to a solution. Lerner emphasizes that this new approach to the issue requires giving primacy to love, kindness, and generosity. It calls for challenging the master narratives in both Israel and Palestine as well as the false idea that �homeland security� can be achieved through military, political, economic, or media domination. Lerner makes the case that a lasting peace must prioritize helping people on all sides (including Europe and the U.S.) and that real security is best achieved through an ethos of caring and generosity toward �the other.� As many spiritual leaders have taught, problems like these cannot be solved at the same level at which they originated�one must seek higher ground, and that becomes a central task for anyone who wants a sustainable peace. Embracing Israel/Palestine is written for those looking for positive, practical solutions to this ongoing dilemma."

Edited by Matt Browne - 02 December 2012 at 3:47am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Shaik Speare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaik Speare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by i.dawa i.dawa wrote:

3) When Umar bin Alkhattab (ra) conquered Palestine he expelled the Jews from there which is a Sharia Rule as per Ijma as-Sahaba not to let them reside there.

Where did you pick up this rubbish? In fact, Umar did the opposite.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 2:53pm
CAringheart,
if you know history, you know the answer, what are you afraid of to spell it out? I only wnat a truthful answer from you.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 4:05pm
Hasan,
I answered.
peace.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic