IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CHRISTIANS:WHO CAN FORGIVE SINS?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHRISTIANS:WHO CAN FORGIVE SINS?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Placid Placid wrote:

Hi Mahdi,

Quote: Christians, who can forgive sins?
I need to know if all christians have a uniform belief on this subject.

Response: --- The natural answer is, --- �Only God can forgive sins.�
--- But Jesus came as the Messenger and Servant of God. --- And what has caused the big controversy is that, He was CALLED the Son of God,
And it is rightly said that Almighty God could not have a Son by any relationship with Mary, --- But Gabriel didn�t say that He WAS the Son of God, but that He would be CALLED the Son of God, --- And God would be CALLED His Heavenly Father.

If you bear in mind that it was the same angel Gabriel who announced the birth of John the Baptist, and Jesus in Luke 1, and in Surah 19, --- that gave the Revelations to Muhammad, in the Quran, --- then you can understand the connection. --- It says in Luke 1:
19 And the angel answered and said to him (Zechariah, the father of John the Baptist), �I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and was sent to speak to you and bring you these glad tidings.

26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,
27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin�s name was Mary.
28 And having come in, the angel said to her, �Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!�]
29 But when she saw him she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was.
30 Then the angel said to her, �Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus.
32 He will be great, and will be CALLED the Son of the Highest;
34 Then Mary said to the angel, �How can this be, since I do not know a man?�
35 And the angel answered and said to her, �The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be CALLED the Son of God.

It says about the same in Surah 19:
20 She said: How can I have a son when no mortal hath touched me, neither have I been unchaste?
21 He said: So (it will be). Thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me. And (it will be) that We may make of him a revelation for mankind and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing ordained.
34 Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.
35 It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.

So, --- It is not befitting (out of the ordinary, and below the Dignity of God), --- that He should beget a Son, --- but �Glory be to Him� --- when He determines a matter (like sending One into the world who is CALLED His Son), --- He only says to it, �Be!� and it is. --- (So Jesus was CALLED the Son of God, throughout the NT.)

Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit of God and every miracle was done through the power of the Holy Spirit, --- so if after a healing or miracle, Jesus said, �Your sins are forgiven,� --- it was the Holy Spirit speaking through Him:
Matthew 9:2 Then behold, they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, �Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you.�
Luke 7:48 (To a woman who repented with weeping), Then He said to her, �Your sins are forgiven.�
--- So, the Holy Spirit of God, knowing the hearts of men, --- if they were repentant, forgave their sins, through Jesus.

Placid

did you mistakenly list your religion as "christian" instead of 'Muslim'? if you are trying to prove Christianity correct by quoting the Quran, you are barking up the wrong tree. you can only use it if you believe it is the word of God.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 3:07pm
Cyril,
you are mixing too many things together, a common trap tactic. But I will take one of the things that has to do with the topic.
What does this verse mean to you?
"Matthew 12:36
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Placid View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 11:33am
Hi Mahdi,

Quote: Christians, who can forgive sins?

Response: --- The natural answer is, --- �Only God can forgive sins.�
--- But Jesus came as the Messenger and Servant of God. --- And what has caused the big controversy is that, He was CALLED the Son of God,
And it is rightly said that Almighty God could not have a Son by any relationship with Mary, --- But Gabriel didn�t say that He WAS the Son of God, but that He would be CALLED the Son of God, --- And God would be CALLED His Heavenly Father.

If you bear in mind that it was the same angel Gabriel who announced the birth of John the Baptist, and Jesus in Luke 1, and in Surah 19, --- that gave the Revelations to Muhammad, in the Quran, --- then you can understand the connection. --- It says in Luke 1:
19 And the angel answered and said to him (Zechariah, the father of John the Baptist), �I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and was sent to speak to you and bring you these glad tidings.

26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,
27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin�s name was Mary.
28 And having come in, the angel said to her, �Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!�]
29 But when she saw him she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was.
30 Then the angel said to her, �Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus.
32 He will be great, and will be CALLED the Son of the Highest;
34 Then Mary said to the angel, �How can this be, since I do not know a man?�
35 And the angel answered and said to her, �The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be CALLED the Son of God.

It says about the same in Surah 19:
20 She said: How can I have a son when no mortal hath touched me, neither have I been unchaste?
21 He said: So (it will be). Thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me. And (it will be) that We may make of him a revelation for mankind and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing ordained.
34 Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.
35 It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.

So, --- It is not befitting (out of the ordinary, and below the Dignity of God), --- that He should beget a Son, --- but �Glory be to Him� --- when He determines a matter (like sending One into the world who is CALLED His Son), --- He only says to it, �Be!� and it is. --- (So Jesus was CALLED the Son of God, throughout the NT.)

Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit of God and every miracle was done through the power of the Holy Spirit, --- so if after a healing or miracle, Jesus said, �Your sins are forgiven,� --- it was the Holy Spirit speaking through Him:
Matthew 9:2 Then behold, they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, �Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you.�
Luke 7:48 (To a woman who repented with weeping), Then He said to her, �Your sins are forgiven.�
--- So, the Holy Spirit of God, knowing the hearts of men, --- if they were repentant, forgave their sins, through Jesus.

Placid

Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 2:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic