IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Too shy to ask Muslim BF  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Too shy to ask Muslim BF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennyjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too shy to ask Muslim BF
    Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:04am
I have been with my Lebanese Muslim Boyfriend for 9mths now , im Christian and before i met my BF i knew little about Islam & Muslims, only what the media portray, which is mainly negative.
Over the last 9mths i have researched islam and become to enjoy doing so & am interest in learning more. As i dont feel Christianity is the right religion for me anymore and havent felt like it for some time now.
I would love to read the Quran but for some silly reason am too shy to ask my boyfriend to grab hold of a copy for me to read. Embarrassed
I dont know what he would think? would he see it as a good thing?Big%20smile
How could i get a copy of the Quran to read?
Thank you for reading.

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:12am
I was able to get several translations from my local library.  Also, they are very easy to purchase online if you want to buy one.
lifeforu9 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifeforu9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 10:21pm
I think you hve been in relation & he understands you. So there is nothing to feel shy about ask questions this will clear your image & may ALLAH guide you. INSHAALLAH
If you have any questions feel free to ask me.
I can help you in sending a copy of QURAN. You can contact me. Do let me know.
janesi87 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janesi87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2012 at 6:36am
i think that you should not feel shy. If you ask your boyfriend, i'm sure that he is interesting and can help you a lot. You and your boyfriend will have a good time. Believe me
5purplemarbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5purplemarbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2012 at 4:33pm
Islamicity will send you a free english version of quran. And also your boyfriend would be honored if you asked to have him read quran with you and answer any questions. Thats a beautiful relationship if you want my opinion. And also really if you feel christianity isnt the right religion or maybe you just feel you want to learn more, feel free to ask us here and I am personally at your service for any questions or help.

Welcome here
salaam alaykym ( peace be upon you)
amy
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 7:52pm
Maybe she doesn't want to ask her BF because she doesn't want any 'expectations' or 'pressure' from him. He might think oh she's accepting Islam...

Do your research discreetly. You can read the quran online too:

www.quran.com

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
krazzy1 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazzy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 7:50am
I agree with chryslais' comment, do your research on your own and it will help you make a decision by yourself without the feeling of pressure from anyone or make others feel like that.

Copies of the Quran are available if you purchase them online.
ZUZU View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZUZU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2013 at 7:59am
1)you can go online or
2)you can get one from a local masjid or
3)you can ask your BF
PS)i personally think that if you ask your BF, he will be proud and happy for you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic