IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Answers to your Questions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Answers to your Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Answers to your Questions
    Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:01am
As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Christians usually tend to ask the same questions over and over again even if they were provided with the answers. So in this I will try to provide answers that they may ask Insha'Allah. My intention on this thread is to ask one question at a time then discuss, if people are willing to engage and then more questions and answers will come as the questions are exausted Insha'Allah.

1) Is Allah an idol of the Ka'ba?

No. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is the One and Only God who created the heavens and the earth and every living thing. The Ka'ba is the first house of worship and people initially worshipped the God of Abraham (pbuh) alone without any partners. However, over time this changed as people began to worship idols, then they put these idols in the Ka'ba. So what happened was that the True God was worshipped alongside these idols. There is a misconception that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is one of these idols.

Ask yourself this question. Why would God Almighty send a messenger and Prophet to destroy these idols in the Ka'ba and to inform mankind that there is only One God? What did Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) benefit from this?

Well I will answer these two questions for you as well Insha'Allah.

Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala had always sent messengers and prophets to mankind to warn them of the consequenses of their deviation from worshipping Him. His message has always been the same, basically that there is only One God and to worship Him alone, pray, give in charity , perform pilgrimage etc.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not benefit financially. In fact, he gave up all of his wealth for the cause of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and when he died all he had in his possession was the clothes that he was wearing, his sandals and a bowl.

Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:40pm

Hello Abu Loren

I notice you and Larry have already discussed the pagan influence on Islam of the Black Stone you bow to (al-Hajaru-l-Aswad )on the thread "Christians you are not Israelites" on / around page 18 - 21.

I also notice Larrys arguments were well ressearched and argued using historical and athropological sources, while you simply reverted to using the Quaran to support the Quaran which is a circular and non sensical argument or you glibly parroted "that is your opinion" without refuting his evidence.

I hope you have something more constructive to offer this time a round.

Edited by Experiential - 09 November 2012 at 10:31pm
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:27pm
I think this is a good idea, Abu, and I look forward to reading more.  Perhaps it should be in the "Basics of Islam" or "Islam for non-Muslims" section though.  In "Interfaith Dialogue" you may get bogged down in endless debates on each question, which I don't think  is your intention.

One topic you might want to consider is a glossary of Arabic phrases that keep popping up on the forum: things like "Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala" and "Insha'Allah", for instance.  What exactly do they mean, and why do Muslims continually drop Arabic phrases into English?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

I think this is a good idea, Abu, and I look forward to reading more.  Perhaps it should be in the "Basics of Islam" or "Islam for non-Muslims" section though.  In "Interfaith Dialogue" you may get bogged down in endless debates on each question, which I don't think  is your intention.

One topic you might want to consider is a glossary of Arabic phrases that keep popping up on the forum: things like "Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala" and "Insha'Allah", for instance.  What exactly do they mean, and why do Muslims continually drop Arabic phrases into English?

OMG things are definately changing. Mr. Ron Webb being civil and being nice for a change. What are the chances that he will take the Shahada soon?
Ghazzali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

OMG things are definately changing. Mr. Ron Webb being civil and being nice for a change. What are the chances that he will take the Shahada soon?

Ha ha ha. I just love this forum. 
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2012 at 2:09pm

Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Just for the record.  I thought it was a good idea as well and looked forward to reading more.
CH

note:  I think Ron has always been 'civil' and fair minded.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2012 at 11:43pm
2) Why was the Holy Qur'an revealed to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)?
The answer to this question can be found in the Holy Qur'an in the 18th Chapter entitled 'Al Kahf' or The Cave.

Sahih International

[All] praise is [due] to Allah , who has sent down upon His Servant the Book and has not made therein any deviance.
[He has made it] straight, to warn of severe punishment from Him and to give good tidings to the believers who do righteous deeds that they will have a good reward
In which they will remain forever
And to warn those who say, " Allah has taken a son."
They have no knowledge of it, nor had their fathers. Grave is the word that comes out of their mouths; they speak not except a lie. 18:1-5
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 2:22am

Christians usually tend to ask the same questions over and over again even if they were provided with the answers. So in this I will try to provide answers that they may ask Insha'Allah. My intention on this thread is to ask one question at a time then discuss, if people are willing to engage and then more questions and answers will come as the questions are exausted Insha'Allah.

1) Is Allah an idol of the Ka'ba?

No. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is the One and Only God who created the heavens and the earth and every living thing. The Ka'ba is the first house of worship and people initially worshipped the God of Abraham (pbuh) alone without any partners. However, over time this changed as people began to worship idols, then they put these idols in the Ka'ba. So what happened was that the True God was worshipped alongside these idols. There is a misconception that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is one of these idols.

Ask yourself this question. Why would God Almighty send a messenger and Prophet to destroy these idols in the Ka'ba and to inform mankind that there is only One God? What did Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) benefit from this?

Well I will answer these two questions for you as well Insha'Allah.

Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala had always sent messengers and prophets to mankind to warn them of the consequenses of their deviation from worshipping Him. His message has always been the same, basically that there is only One God and to worship Him alone, pray, give in charity , perform pilgrimage etc.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not benefit financially. In fact, he gave up all of his wealth for the cause of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and when he died all he had in his possession was the clothes that he was wearing, his sandals and a bowl.

Islam is Defiled with Shirk from Al-Hajaru-l-Aswad (The Black Rock)

The early history of Mecca shows that it was a place of pilgrimage long before Mohammed. The battle of Islam for the conquest of Arabia was determined at Mecca. This was the capture of the Pagan center

The Black Stone was revered well before the rise of Islam. Manat, the goddess of destiny, worshiped as a black stone on the road between Mecca and Medina; and the moon god, Hubal, whose worship was connected with the Black Stone of the Kaaba.

By the time of Muhammad, it was already associated with the Kaaba, a pre-Islamic shrine that was revered as a sacred sanctuary and a site of pilgrimage. The Semitic cultures of the Middle East had a tradition of using unusual stones to mark places of worship, a phenomenon which is reflected in the Hebrew Bible as well as the Qur'an.[

A "red stone" was the deity of the south Arabian city of Ghaiman, and there was a "white stone" in the Ka'ba of al-Abalat (near the city of Tabala, south of Mecca). Worship at that time period was often associated with stone reverence, mountains, special rock formations, or distinctive trees.

Before the time of Mohammad when Arabia was pagan Idolators did the same � walked around it a certain number of times and kissed it. Each local tribe of Arab Pagans kissed their own tribal black stones. Islam has simply integrated part of a pagan religious ceremony into its own. Mohammad compromised with pagan idolatory probably did this so as not to become unpopular with pagans when he was introducing his new religion.

Moharram was the month of the great feast. Tree worship and stone worship as we shall see later belong to the old heathenism. In Nagran a date-palm served as god. A number of sacred trees or groves between Mecca and Medina which formerly were idol temples, are now visited because "Mohammed resided there, prayed there, or had his hair cut under them." (See Bokhari, 1:68-3:36.)

Abraham and Ishmael travelling to Mecca is a Muslim myth. Mohamad gained by making his new religion more attractive to the pagans with his compropmise with the Black stone idol. Shirk ! 

Edited by Experiential - 12 November 2012 at 2:27am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic