IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - JESUS:'...SELL EVERYTHING.....'  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JESUS:'...SELL EVERYTHING.....'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Placid View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2012 at 5:59am
Hi Honeto,

Because I have worked for years in 'Interdenominational' services with the various Churches, I really don't quite fit in a category.
My wife and I are members of an Associated Gospel Church in which we serve on committees, and wherever needed.

My studies have taken me above 'denominationalism,' --- that is why I use what is written in Scripture, from both he Bible, and the revelations from God to Muhammad, in the Quran.

Since God has verified that His word is true, --- Who are we to judge God's word?

I believe that if you sometime, do like I did years ago, and set aside all the Church doctrines and traditions, and said, "Alright Lord, I want to learn from Your Scriptures what is true." --- At some point in there I said, "Lord, I yield myself to You. --- Empty me of self and fill me with Your Holy Spirit."

And because of the indwelling presence of His Holy Spirit, I answer questions and comments from His word, as He guides me.
--- I am a 'nothing,' I have no credentials, I simply believe God and His word, and His word instructs us to believe in Jesus, whom God sent to 'redeem' His lost world. --- However, there are many more believers like me.

The fascinating thing about the Quran is that the angel Gabriel "'confirms' the former Scriptures as being true. --- So are you able to judge both God, and the angel Gabriel as being wrong about the Scriptures?

If you admit that you learned that from others, or from tradition, that the former Scriptures were 'corrupt,' --- it only proves that you aren't thinking for yourself.

I am sure you have read this in Surah 5:
48 To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety.

Don't you think that our Almighty and Everlasting God, could preserve His word?

Placid

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2012 at 7:55pm
Anyone that is born, here, on planet X, in heaven or anywhere is same. All, including the ones are born or created have a creator, and that is God Almighty who himself is not created, nor born.
You seem to agree with what I said.
I wonder which Christian denomination do you belong to, or if to none?
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Placid View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2012 at 8:58am
Hi Honeto,

Quote: Placid, in your reply there was one line that is worthy of understanding and repeating.
"-- Notice, he said, �Good Teacher.� --- He was respectful, --- but did he want to compliment or glorify Jesus? --- Then Jesus directed him to God who is the source of Goodness, and the One to be praised. "

--- Do you live by that or just say it, or you do not understand what it means?
Do you believe Jesus has a God, or you still insist he was God, even after saying what you said as quoted above?

Response: --- Yes, I believe it and live by it. --- God is God, and there is no other.
--- By now you have likely read in other posts where I have said that the Scripture does not say that Jesus was God, nor did Jesus ever say He was God, --- but, it does say that He came from God. --- Jesus was born on earth so He had a human body, --- but He was indwelt by the Word (Logos) of God, who came from heaven, --- so He had a human body but Divine Soul, and was filled with the Holy Spirit, --- that is why He was Unique, (Like no other).
--- He was CALLED the Son of God, and He usually CALLED Himself the Son of man.

As I pointed out in a Post to Abu, in prophesies, referring to Jesus in the OT, God CALLED Him, �My Servant.� --- In the Gospels God CALLED him, �My Son�--- And Jesus CALLED God, �His heavenly Father,� --- identifying the new �Spiritual Family of God,� --- which true believers are �adopted� into.

After Jesus ascension to heaven in Acts 1, Peter twice, in Acts 3, called Him, �God�s Servant� --- And in the Quran, He is called �God�s Servant.�    

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:28pm
Placid,
in your reply there was one line that is worthy of understanding and repeating.
"-- Notice, he said, �Good Teacher.� --- He was respectful, --- but did he want to compliment or glorify Jesus? --- Then Jesus directed him to God who is the source of Goodness, and the One to be praised. "

Do you live by that or just say it, or you do not understand what it means?

Do you believe Jesus has a God, or you still insist he was God, even after saying what you said as quoted above?
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Placid View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2012 at 6:37am
Hi Honeto,

Quote: Right, No man can serve two masters.
Jesus said in Matthew 6:
21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also
--- (Then you said) --- Placid, indeed, the words are there but confusion is created over them to mislead.
Luke 18: 18 "And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God."

Response: --- This is explained in the next verses in the conversation in Luke 18:
18 Now a certain ruler asked Him, saying, �Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?�
19 So Jesus said to him, �Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.
20 You know the commandments: �Do not commit adultery,� �Do not murder,� �Do not steal,� �Do not bear false witness,� �Honor your father and your mother.�
21 And he said, �All these things I have kept from my youth.�
22 So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, �You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.�
23 But when he heard this, he became very sorrowful, for he was very rich.

--- Notice, he said, �Good Teacher.� --- He was respectful, --- but did he want to compliment or glorify Jesus? --- Then Jesus directed him to God who is the source of Goodness, and the One to be praised.

He asked a good question. --- The question we all need to ask.
Jesus said, �You know the law ---.� --- And he responded, �All these things I have kept from my youth.� --- Which reveals that he was obedient to the law, and thus a good person, --- but perhaps lacking in love of God and generosity to others.

--- (He might have been simply seeking approval from Jesus for his good lifestyle, in front of the crowd --- but neither a good reputation nor good works can substitute for what God requires, --- which is repentance, faith, and obedience to His will.
He might also have thought, �Because I have riches, I would be a benefit to Jesus, I could finance His ministry, --- I could build Churches where the Apostles could preach.�

--- But therein is the problem. --- This was the reason Jesus said, �For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.�
So Jesus gave him the hard answer. � �If you want to have treasure in heaven, then sell what you have and distribute to the poor,�
--- �And then come and join my disciples in following Me.�   

Because his heart was with his treasure on earth, --- �he went away sorrowful.�
--- But he may have believed in Jesus later with a different frame of mind.

Placid

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Placid Placid wrote:

Right, No man can serve two masters.

Jesus said in Matthew 6:

Placid,
indeed, the words are there but confusion is created over them to mislead.
Luke 18: 18 "And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God."

Hasan

Placid View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 4:21am
Right, No man can serve two masters.

Jesus said in Matthew 6:
Salaam_Erin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salaam_Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 4:01am
You cannot serve both God and money- the actual Aramaic word is mammon. This refers to materialism. We serve God, money serves us. If we serve money, then it has to be gotten rid of.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic