IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PETER'S DENIAL OF JESUS  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PETER'S DENIAL OF JESUS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PETER'S DENIAL OF JESUS
    Posted: 03 November 2012 at 2:53pm
1.Peter makes an emphatic statement
Matthew 26:35 New International Version
(NIV) 35 But Peter declared, �Even if I have to die with you, I will
never disown you.� And all the
other disciples said the same.

2.A short while later
Matthew 26:73-75 New International Version 1984 (NIV1984) 73 After a little while, those standing there went up to Peter and said, �Surely you are one of them, for your accent gives you away.� 74 Then he began to call down curses on himself and he swore to them, �I don�t know the man!� Immediately a rooster crowed. 75 Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken: �Before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.� And he went outside and wept bitterly.

3.Jesus says;
Matthew 10:33 English Standard Version (ESV) 33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

I feel sorry for Peter.

Edited by Mahdi The Seeke - 03 November 2012 at 2:55pm
Placid View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2012 at 5:52pm
Hi Mahdi,

Quote: --- 3.Jesus says;
Matthew 10:33 English Standard Version (ESV) 33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.
--- I feel sorry for Peter.

Response: --- Peter was the impulsive leader of the Apostles. --- The first to speak, and the first to act, --- and in this case he said, �I will go to the death,� but it was an empty statement. --- And this is the natural man �boasting great things.�

Here you can see the greatest example of �conversion,� --- which I have explained in your Topic, �Do all Christians have the Holy Spirit?�

In Acts 1:8 Jesus said, �You will receive power when the Holy Spirit is come upon you.�
--- They watched as Jesus ascended up from their midst, then they went to Jerusalem to wait. --- In Acts 2, on the Day of Pentecost they were filled with the Holy Spirit, and again Peter was the one who stood up among the Apostles and spoke boldly.

(He was now �born again� and filled with the Holy Spirit), and he said in Acts 2:
22 �Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know�
23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death;
24 whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.
32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.
33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

36 �Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.�
37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, �Men and brethren, what shall we do?�
38 Then Peter said to them, �Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, �Be saved from this perverse generation.�
41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.

--- Peter was no longer timid or self-seeking, but was now a vessel that God would use to preach the Gospel wherever he went.

Placid

Salaam_Erin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salaam_Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 3:18am
The difference is that Peter repented and Judas Iscariot only felt remorse. Peter was restored therefore by Jesus (See John 21:15-19) When Jesus referred to denying those who denied Him, He is referring to those who still deny him at the end of their lives, at Judgement Day. Thankfully Peter recanted his denial long, long before that, and proved it by dying that death which Jesus predicted, when he was crucified and burnt by Nero.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic