IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - God of the Bible and punishment.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

God of the Bible and punishment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: God of the Bible and punishment.
    Posted: 31 October 2012 at 1:13pm
Exodus 20:5-6 (also Dt 5:9) I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Luke 11:50-51 New International Version
(NIV) 50 Therefore this generation will be held responsible for the
blood of all the prophets that
has been shed since the
beginning of the world, 51 from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who
was killed between the altar
and the sanctuary. Yes, I tell
you, this generation will be
held responsible for it all.

VS

Deuteronomy 24:16 Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.

Did the same God 'inspire' this?
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 3:34am
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Exodus 20:5-6 (also Dt 5:9) I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Luke 11:50-51 New International Version
(NIV) 50 Therefore this generation will be held responsible for the
blood of all the prophets that
has been shed since the
beginning of the world, 51 from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who
was killed between the altar
and the sanctuary. Yes, I tell
you, this generation will be
held responsible for it all.

VS

Deuteronomy 24:16 Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.

Did the same God 'inspire' this?
Hi Mahdi
I notice you like to cut and paste different verses from the bible to get discussions going but then you dont follw them up. For example ypu started something with "Christians You are not Israelites" ,  and then we dont hear from you again. My advice is not to start discussions unless you can finish them.
Any way
Gods blessings on you.

Edited by Experiential - 01 November 2012 at 3:34am
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 12:14pm
Please just answer the question as concisely as you can. If you want to discuss something else, kindly start another topic.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic