IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is this "something else"?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is this "something else"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is this "something else"?
    Posted: 12 December 2014 at 5:01am
Originally posted by Muslim75 Muslim75 wrote:

To the one who calls himself saint:
�

You're wrong.

�

Allah Almighty said neither the heavens nor the earth contains Him, but the heart of the believing servant contains Him. Al Ghazali rahimahullah mentioned this Hadith.

Did I say so?
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 11:37am
------------------------------------------

Edited by Muslim75 - 10 January 2015 at 11:19am
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 11:28am

Edited by Muslim75 - 10 January 2015 at 11:22am
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 6:36am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

God Almighty does not reside in human beings. The vessel is too base to contain His incomparable magnificence.

Greetings The Saint,That is an interesting thought... and I've heard it taught... but what if it is wrong?What if God is energy... and what if that little spark inside us, to guide us, is God?� Then, any of us who have it, belong to God, and those that don't have it, don't.... and as Yshwe taught... you have not, because you seek not... what if we can invite God into our being?There is a teaching of Yshwe;

<span id="en-KJV-23397" ="text="" matt-9-17"=""><sup ="versenum"="">17�Neither
do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the
wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new
bottles, and both are preserved.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-23393" ="text="" matt-9-13"=""><sup ="versenum"="">13�But
go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not
sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to
repentance.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-23393" ="text="" matt-9-13"="">I believe Yshwe was saying that we all have the ability to become the vessel which God can inhabit.� It is in accepting Yshwe that we find the way, the Truth, and the life.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-23393" ="text="" matt-9-13"="">This is written in the book of Isaiah;</span>

<span id="en-KJV-17673" ="text="" isa-1-18"=""><sup ="versenum"="">18�Come now, and let us reason together, saith the <span style="font-variant: small-caps" ="small-caps"="">Lord</span>: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-17674" ="text="" isa-1-19"=""><sup ="versenum"="">19�If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land</span>

<span id="en-KJV-17674" ="text="" isa-1-19"="">and this is from the letter written to Timothy;</span>

<span id="en-KJV-29847" ="text="" 2tim-2-19"=""><sup ="versenum"="">19�Nevertheless
the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth
them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ
depart from iniquity.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-29848" ="text="" 2tim-2-20"=""><sup ="versenum"="">20�But
in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but
also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-29849" ="text="" 2tim-2-21"=""><sup ="versenum"="">21�If
a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto
honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto
every good work
.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-29849" ="text="" 2tim-2-21"="">and this from the book of Hebrews;</span>

<span id="en-KJV-30150" ="text="" heb-10-16"=""><sup ="versenum"="">16�This
is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the
Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I
write them;</span>

<span id="en-KJV-30151" ="text="" heb-10-17"=""><sup ="versenum"="">17�And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.</span>

asalaam,Caringheart

Peace CH,

Let me try to explain to you how far and above and exalted is God in Islam.

Allah SWT says about Himself in the Quran: Allah says in the Qur'an:

"He is the Lord of the heavens and the Earth and all that is in between them, so worship Him and be patient in His worship; do you know any equal to Him?" (19:65).

Obviously the most important part of a muslim's life is Tauheed (the oneness of Allah), this is like base and anchor sheet of Iman as all beliefs and actions are the command of Allah so tauheed and Iman of a muslim should be very firm and strong. He should have strong YAQEEN in his heart that only Allah has power to do the things.

"Allah there is no God but He, the Living, the Everlasting. Slumber does not seize Him, neither sleep; to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and the Earth. Who is there that shall intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them, and they do not encompass anything of His knowledge except what He wills. His throne extends over the heavens and the Earth, the preservation of them does not burden Him; He is the High, the Great" (2:255).

"He creates what He pleases. He gives, to whom He wills, females, and He gives, to whom He wills, males, or He couples them, males and females; and He makes whom He wills barren. Surely, He is the Knowing, the Powerful" (42:49-50).

"there is nothing whatever like unto Him, He is the All-hearing, the All-seeing. To Him belongs the keys of the Heavens and the Earth. He enlarges and restricts provisions to whom He wills. Surely He has knowledge of everything" (42:11-12).

"there is no creature that moves on the Earth but its provision depends on Allah. He knows its dwelling and its resting place. All is recorded in a clear book" (11:6).

"Allah alone has the knowledge of the Hour, sends down rain, and knows what is in the wombs. No soul knows what it shall earn tomorrow, and no soul knows in what land it shall die. Surely, Allah is All-knowing, All-aware" (31:34).
We believe that "if the ocean became ink for the words of my Lord, the ocean would be finished before the words of my Lord came to an end" (18:109); "And if all the trees that are in the earth were pens, and the ocean (were ink), with seven oceans swelling it therefore, the words of Allah would not be exhausted. Surely, Allah is Mighty, Wise" (31 :27).

We believe that Allah is well above His creatures in His Person and His Attributes, because He says: "He is the High, the Great" (2:22); "He is Supreme over His servants, and He is the Wise, the All-aware" (6:18 ).
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2014 at 11:39am

God Almighty does not reside in human beings. The vessel is too base to contain His incomparable magnificence.

Greetings The Saint,

That is an interesting thought... and I've heard it taught... but what if it is wrong?
What if God is energy... and what if that little spark inside us, to guide us, is God? 
Then, any of us who have it, belong to God, and those that don't have it, don't.... and as Yshwe taught... you have not, because you seek not... what if we can invite God into our being?

There is a teaching of Yshwe;

17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

I believe Yshwe was saying that we all have the ability to become the vessel which God can inhabit.  It is in accepting Yshwe that we find the way, the Truth, and the life.

This is written in the book of Isaiah;

18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land

and this is from the letter written to Timothy;

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

and this from the book of Hebrews;

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

asalaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 01 December 2014 at 1:45pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2014 at 6:15am
Greetings The Saint,

Yes, I read the whole context before I posted. Smile
Interestingly, as I pondered over it, I went on to write this in my journal...

I don't know that the Mormons are wrong, Yshwe did say;
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
which is written in the Psalms of David, Psalm 82
5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7 But ye shall die like men,

So, every holy person was God in those times. And Jesus goes on to explain that all men were not immortal Gods. And that they will die. Jesus PBUH could not have been objected to if he had clearly explained the context of his conversation.

and according to Buddhist theory - of reaching the blue light - which is as touching God within
I believe it's possible that God lives in us all - if (as the scriptures say - as Yshwe said) we will seek Him -

but He is not in all -
'I know those that are mine'
and to that end I believe, it is possible to turn good towards evil,
but it is not possible to turn evil to good -
thus the battle of evil to corrupt good in this world.

Just some things to ponder over.

asalaam,
CAringheart

Edited by The Saint - 01 December 2014 at 6:17am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2014 at 3:48pm

Greetings The Saint,
but that's not what He said,

Yshwe said,
I and My Father are One (the Word of Yshwe)
and we are told not to change the Word of God.

Very nice thought, really. You must never change the word of God nor its true meaning.

It was the very thing that enraged the Jewish leaders... they were enraged because He was claiming to be God.
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Here is the context: 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

So, in jew jargon everyone is god, even the laity, according to Jesus PBUH.

And the jews were enraged because the dialogue was indeed, confusing.

Greetings The Saint,

Yes, I read the whole context before I posted.  Smile
Interestingly, as I pondered over it, I went on to write this in my journal...

I don't know that the Mormons are wrong,  Yshwe did say;
which is written in the Psalms of David, Psalm 82

They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

But ye shall die like men,

and according to Buddhist theory - of reaching the blue light - which is as touching God within
I believe it's possible that God lives in us all - if (as the scriptures say - as Yshwe said) we will seek Him -

but He is not in all -
'I know those that are mine'
and to that end I believe, it is possible to turn good towards evil,
but it is not possible to turn evil to good -
thus the battle of evil to corrupt good in this world.

Just some things to ponder over.

asalaam,
CAringheart Smile

Edited by Caringheart - 29 November 2014 at 3:51pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2014 at 3:16am

Edited by Muslim75 - 17 January 2015 at 12:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic