IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What we Muslims got from Judaism  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What we Muslims got from Judaism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What we Muslims got from Judaism
    Posted: 14 October 2012 at 11:25am
It has come to my attention that the Jews (may Allah be displeased with them) have many similar customs to ours. For example, they don't eat pigs, the women cover their hair, they pray 5 times a day facing a specific direction, they have fast days etc.

However, on the timeline of history, it seems that Judaism was in existence before the Prophet (PBUH) was born. My question is, which of their customs were later stolen from us and which did our holy way of life adopt from them?

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2012 at 6:49pm
My answer, right or wrong.
Muhammad simply tries to re-establish the laws and the ways of the old testament... the Jewish teaching... the old covenant.

Salaam
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2012 at 10:08pm
Assalamu alaika Kayman.

You have asked a very important question. The answer to your question can be found in this book:
http:www.yutube.com/watch?v=S1NaCq-Zqu0. (sbpra.com//allamadrsanisalihmustapha).
One of the Shari'a of the Children of Israel stolen from the Sunna of Muhammad is: they do not have suicide bombers and they strike only those who have raised arms against them.

Friendship.

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 2:10am
As'alaamu Alaikkum Friendship

I notice that you are trying to 'build bridges' between the Jews, Christians and the Muslims. However, it is crystal clear from the Holy Qur'an that the Jews are cursed in this life and the next and the Christians are astray from the Straight Path.

I suggest you leave everything to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and concentrate on your own salvation. You cannot carry the sins of another person nor can you carry their sins.

Although all three faiths are knows as the Abrahamaic faith the similiraty ended when the Final Revelation to mankind was given to Prophet Muhammed (pbuh).
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 3:08am
Assalamu alaika Abu Loren.

Yes indeed so. We all have to learn the Arabic language and read the appropriate books. I am one of the lucky ones who have learned that language and has the resources and time to read and understand. You just give me a reference.
The door of Mercy of Allah is never closed and is open to all. It is important that we understand the punishment of Allah is Standard and that if any civilization misbehaved it will be the same criterion as during previous Prophets.

Friendship
Kayman View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 9:14am
What I don't understand is how can they be cursed if so many we have was derived from them?
Also, the Koran teaches us that God did give his word to Moses. If Jews are following the words of Moses, then how could Allah curse them? It's His word.

I'm a very confused Muslim.
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 4:35pm
Allah (swt) created all people and shall judge them according to what He gave them. Quran does not teach to insult Non-Muslims or put a curse on them. Muslims are not the judge and jury of the people of the Book.
Respectfully
aka2x2
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 10:03pm
Assalamu alaika Kayman.

Please do not be confused! The real meaning of lu'ina is the removal of the mercy of Allah from those who disobeyed him. The verse referred to those who did not observe the Sabbath in the time of Prophet David (Dawud) and those who concocted the lie against Jesus son of Maryam that is a son of Allah. It is a general meaning applying to anyone who disobeys his Messenger. The Arabs used it in the time of ignorance to caution their leaders against the practice of injustice.

Friendship
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic