IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - the Apostle Paul  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the Apostle Paul

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the Apostle Paul
    Posted: 11 October 2012 at 4:39pm
Greetings all,

For those who have objections to the Apostle Paul I would like to know, have they read what Paul wrote, and if so please share with me specifically what you disagree with in his teaching.  Specifically what is it that Paul teaches that disagrees with what Islam teaches?
Thank you,
Caringheart
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Greetings all,For those who have objections to the Apostle Paul I would like to know, have they read what Paul wrote, and if so please share with me specifically what you disagree with in his teaching.� Specifically what is it that Paul teaches that disagrees with what Islam teaches?Thank you,Caringheart

1/ Jesus (pbuh) never died on the cross therefore never 'risen'.

2/ Paul is writing from his own volition, he is not being led by the Holy Spirit.

3/ He changed the Mosaic Law all by himself.

4/ He suppressed and oppressed the real followers of Jesus (pbuh) like Peter.

5/ By using the Old Testament he connected by association that Jesus (pbuh) is the 'lamb of God'.

More to follow I'm sure.........

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 9:22pm
Greetings Abu Loren,

1/ Jesus (pbuh) never died on the cross therefore never 'risen'.

Ok, so we already know that Christianity and Islam disagree on this point, but this is nothing new attributed to Paul and Paul alone.

2/ Paul is writing from his own volition, he is not being led by the Holy Spirit.

According to scripture Paul was visited by Christ Himself, so how can you say he was not led by the Holy Spirit?
     Either way this says nothing about how what he taught differed from what Islam teaches.

3/ He changed the Mosaic Law all by himself.

What exactly do you feel he changed in the Mosaic law?

4/ He suppressed and oppressed the real followers of Jesus (pbuh) like Peter.

He consulted with Peter and the whole council of Apostle's who argued and reached decisions together.
     Still does not say anything about how Paul's teaching differs from the teachings of Islam.

5/ By using the Old Testament he connected by association that Jesus (pbuh) is the 'lamb of God'.
     All the Apostle's had already had their eyes opened to see that Jesus was the lamb of God when Jesus appeared to them after the resurrection.

Edited by Caringheart - 12 October 2012 at 9:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic