IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Seek knowledge even in China"  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Seek knowledge even in China"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeddahBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2012 at 4:33am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Certainly it is laudable to seek knowledge, however "seek knowledge even in China" is a fabricated hadith, even though very popular.

Laudable?...How about "obligation"?  "The seeking of knowledge is the duty of every Muslim, man or woman"...or is that fabricated as well?  Even if it was, does that mean it shouldn't be done for economic development? 

If it is so important to point out that these hadith are fabricated, shouldn't it also be pointed out that this spirit of the Golden Age of Islam is what the Islamic world can be, and the whole world in general?  I know it's difficult if the government isn't really helping out, but for those who can, and don't want anymore children being killed in a civil war or going hungry, the pursuit of knowledge in order to develop one's country is a must.
JeddahBoy View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeddahBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2012 at 4:40am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Well certainly wisdom is found in many quotes and sayings, however, as you may be aware, there is a stern warning when attributing to the Messenger of Allah a saying or quote he didn't say.  It is not to be taken lightly, as we base our success in this life and the next upon following sound and authentic narrations.

"Seek knowledge even in China" is not sound?  There are many people in Pakistan, Iraq, etc who follow exact narrations...are those countries "successful"?

I put reality before narrations.  Realities of bloodshed and poverty.  So what I'm saying is not for people who are not sick of these issues ...it's for people who want to do something about them.

Even Western historians do not discount the achievements made during the Golden Age of Islam.  That actually happened.  I want that instead of what's happening now.  For the people who want that, please continue to seek knowledge and think of developing your country.  I myself come from a country that, although is growing steadily, the salary can be low such that middle class people may go to the Middle East just to become maids or nannies. 

I am an undergrad who was studying Sociology as a background to writing...I was unaware of the job market myself but I was successful working in a call center which pays well...Now I teach English online to Japanese students.  It pays well enough.  I never thought I would ever be able to do that but if there is a will, there really is a way.  It is so much easier now to gain knowledge through the net so if we have access, we should learn and read about everything - business, etc.  That is all I am saying.   
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 1:06am

Bravo. It's great to see some opposing viewpoints being expressed here, without hostility.  Reason for hope, after all. Tongue

God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 7:28pm
Smile
JeddahBoy View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeddahBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 3:44am
Originally posted by abosait abosait wrote:

We pray that Allah Subhanahu wa ta�alaa helps us regain our golden age through primarily the education system and knowledge. Allahumma Ameen.

I totally agree with you.  The education system is key, but it is in dire need of reform.  I don't think that an overhaul is entirely necessary, but a holistic approach to address the ever changing realities of this world is my suggestion.  A 1 hour once a week class is enough to teach things or devote time to sales training, planting trees, structured learning experiences, goal setting, etc
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 8:52am
JeddahBoy View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeddahBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 9:02am
Cool! Thanks Smile This is awesomeThumbs%20Up
JeddahBoy View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeddahBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:40am
Please tell me what you think of my first entry on my blog http://seekknowledgeeveninchina.wordpress.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic