IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Child abuse in the West  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Child abuse in the West

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Child abuse in the West
    Posted: 03 October 2012 at 12:35am
In western news media there has been a lot of reporting lately about the horrific sexual abuse of children, sometimes by priests and sometimes by close family members
- people who would be considered mahram.

Is this strictly a problem affecting kaffir only, and if so then why?

Edited by nospam001 - 03 October 2012 at 3:35am
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 12:32am

I hope that the lack of discussion on this topic is simply a result of it being overlooked.

Confused
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 7:02am
If the standard that used today to categorized child abuse used in the muslim world than yes there are, plenty enough, mostly from the family members. But than again I saw first hand where the opposite also happened, the children abused their helpless parent. It is all back because illiteracy.

But in my opinion, looking from the size of population the muslim world fare much better.
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 3:19pm
Here's a recent news item from my part of the world.

Detective challenges NSW State Premier over Catholic abuse claims

"There have been about 400 victims of child sexual abuse in the Newcastle area and 11 priests have been convicted since 1995.

[Detective Chief Inspector] Fox detailed a number of horrific cases ... and alleged a bishop had lied to him about his knowledge of abuse."

Sadly, there have been so many similar scandals worldwide that this one has scarcely been reported outside Australia.
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:31am

It's now starting to get a bit of attention elsewhere...

"SYDNEY: Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard announced a national inquiry into institutional responses to child sex abuse on Monday after a series of scandals involving paedophile priests. "

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/rest-of-world/Australia-to-hold-national-inquiry-into-child-sex-abuse/articleshow/17191566.cms
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2013 at 2:03pm

Quote Child sexual abuse is disturbingly common in homes, schools, and residential care facilities in India. A government-appointed committee set up after the New Delhi attack to recommend legal and policy reform has found that child protection schemes �have clearly failed to achieve their avowed objective.�
India: Child Sex Abuse Shielded by Silence and Neglect,  Human Rights Watch press release, 07 Feb 2013

"The 82-page report - Breaking the Silence: Child Sexual Abuse in India - was released in the Indian capital, Delhi, on Thursday morning." - BBC

God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 3:56pm
All of this only serves to underline, for me, how much we are all the same, faced in each of our societies, with the same ails and troubles of life in a sinful world.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic